The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips For Soloing The Star Chart?

JaysInc

Question

So I'm a max rank Volt(potato'd), max boltor(potato'd), max seer, and max dual ether. I managed to solo most bosses with ease (Vor, The Sargent, Alad V) and others with some trouble (The Jackal and Sargus Ruk). Other items I have are the strun, dual ether daggers, a chess kubrow, and a lvl 15 valkyr.

I'm currently at a stump right now trying to reach Kyla de Thaym and I was wondering what tips you could give to a solo'er.

(EDIT: On the PS4 BTW)

Edited by JaysInc

6 answers to this question

For soloing and completing entire starchart Rhino can help a long way, due to his Iron skin. Nightmare nodes are also somewhat easier to do with him as well.

The only problem would be defence missions to solo as Rhino, but others are just fine.

I would knock out all the simple solo missions; basically everything but Defense and Survival, first, then proceed to get help knocking out those pesky duration missions. Poke a few buddies for 5 minutes of their time and knock out 1 surv/def at a time, and you'll quickly burn away slots. Also, feel free to post in recruiting that you're node clearing; I've found a system of everyone posting one mission they haven't done fleshes out the nodes considerably, and feels fair to everyone involved. 

as said, rhino is a good one because it also helps you to clear nightmare once you beat a planet, even shieldless is trivial.

Mag is easy to get and can solo corpus missions, pretty much any of them at any level (starchart, enough to tag each node)

seer is pretty weak.  I loved it when I was new too, but it cannot crit, and soon falls behind.  Look for a replacement soon -- try something from your clan stores or the market.   One of my early favorites was angstrum.   Another are any of the thrown knives.  It matters as you won't be doing too many deceptions with seer... its just not going to work after a point (unfortunately).  

you should be able to do enough to clear anything except interception solo pretty easily by now up thru the first 1/2 of the planets.   Interception will take 2 people at least until you are stronger, and even then, its more about speed than power to keep 3/4 of the nodes protected.