Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Info Before Starting Mastery Tests

TheNax

So, just failed my mastery test from 6->7.

Was told from other people I was gonna do some wallrunning - yeah, i had to kill stuff.

Had taken Marathon for more stamina, and some automatic weapon, with hardly any dmg, as I was told it wasn't needed. Big surprice, when i get in and is told "My warframe is a weapon, prove you can use it"

uuuh... okay? So im using abilities on the mobs, thinking i need to use my warframe abilities but eventually runs out of energy and starts shooting them. Tho needless to say, time runs out and test is failed - whoptifreakingdo 24 hour wait time.

Would be really nice with some info on the upcoming test, like what can you expect, wallrunning, killing stuff, aiming etc. You start that test tottally in the blind with only a few seconds to figure out what to do (which sometimes can be cryptic from what lotus say)

TL;DR Some kind of info of what to expect before starting a mastery test. 

Apparently the Master Ranking is now randomized. Last time I did Rank 5 (before Reset) it was using Warframe powers to outlast the infested raid... This time it was Hacking Terminals. 2 rounds but since I can memorize most of them, it wasn't hard.

When you do a Mastery Test, use your most efficient Frame with the Fastest Damage weapon (Braton would be a good example). Make it so you have good speed, damage, health, and ability power overall.

Apparently the Master Ranking is now randomized. Last time I did Rank 5 (before Reset) it was using Warframe powers to outlast the infested raid... This time it was Hacking Terminals. 2 rounds but since I can memorize most of them, it wasn't hard.

When you do a Mastery Test, use your most efficient Frame with the Fastest Damage weapon (Braton would be a good example). Make it so you have good speed, damage, health, and ability power overall.

When I did mastery rank 5 it was the hacking test, according to the wikia thats what its always been, and the rank 6 test was the same as whats on the wikia

Players should not have to wiki that kind of stuff should be in game and i'm sure they will implement something to fix that.

My suggestion is to allow you to edit your arsenal  once it has told you what the challenge is! that's all good and fair and also allowing you to take the challenge at least 3 times or lower the timer to 12 hours or so would't hurt much either.

Please don't pull something like pay platinum to be able to redo the test right away.

Edited by ZWarhammer

i actually failed the exact same test for the very same reason.  Even the part about getting a random under powered automatic rifle and stacking marathon lol.

I do wish we got some idea of what to expect IN GAME and not have to look it up.

Wiki.

I did. 

youtube is your friend.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

Go to Rank List and hit Expand

Mastery Rank tests 8+ are wall running tests.

Was told from others, who had looked it up on the wiki what i could expect (but apperently something is changed or they looked at it wrong) same with youtube, I did watch a video and thus took some automatic weapon, and lots of stamina (seeing how it was a wallrunner test) Was skyping at the same time with a friend of mine, who is mastery 8 or 9, and who also said that the test was wallrunning. 3 places telling me it's wallrunning, what should i expect really?

But as ppl say aswell, We kinda shouldn't have to look this up. Some hint or info about what is about to happen would be really nice. And also the explanation to it "Your warframe is a powerful weapon, prove you know how to use it" - Am I the only one taking that as im supposed to use my warframe abilities, and not my weapons?

Players should not have to wiki that kind of stuff should be in game and i'm sure they will implement something to fix that.

My suggestion is to allow you to edit your arsenal  once it has told you what the challenge is! that's all good and fair and also allowing you to take the challenge at least 3 times or lower the timer to 12 hours or so would't hurt much either.

Please don't pull something like pay platinum to be able to redo the test right away.

What they should do is standardize the equipment used in the trials. For example the marksman trial should make players only use the braton. This doesn't mean they have to buy it on their account, it's given to them for trial use only. This way players aren't stuck with an unranked weapon or bad weapon type for certain trials. This keeps the trials as challenges without artificially making the difficulty harder or forcing players to use a wiki for info.