The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Passive Suggestions

Kai

So majority of our Warframes has a built-in Passive that slightly gives them an edge or something drastic akin to Limbo's Rift Mechanics. So here are some suggestions that could possibly work for them.

ASH - Quiet Steps

Reduces the sound produced on Stealth Kills and Melee Finishers to 2.5 meters.

BANSHEE Synchronize

Shooting with either Primary or Secondary Weapons then switching to the other will cause the weapon to have the same Noise Level (Alarming or Silent) for 6 seconds.

EMBER - Fuel the Fire

Enemies killed by Ember's Abilities or while under the effects of Heat restores 2 Energy to Ember.

HYDROID - X Marks the Spot

Periodically marks a nearby enemy target every 60 seconds (signified by the player's Energy Color) that when killed by Hydroid, is guaranteed to drop a Rare Resource or +200% Credit. Only a single enemy target can be marked at a time, failure to kill the enemy target before the next 60 seconds will remove the mark from them and apply it to a new enemy target.

LOKI - Speedster

Killing an enemy grants Loki a brief but stacking +5% movement speed for 5 seconds.

MAG Repulse

Enemies affected by Mag's abilities are unable to approach 5 meters of Mag and are instead knocked back for a short distance.

NEKROS Reaper

Nekros deals 1% more damage for each enemy he kills. Lasts for 10 seconds and each new kill refreshes the duration.

NOVA Cosmic Crash

Dropping from at least 15 meters in height causes a powerful shockwave that inflicts a random elemental proc on nearby enemies.

NYX - Mind over Matter

2% of any damage dealt to Nyx's Health is instead dealt to her Energy.

OBERON - Sacrifice

Whenever Oberon receives damage to his Health, the Health loss is evenly divided among nearby allies as shields.

TRINITY - Recovery

When moving towards a downed ally, Trinity gains +50% Movement Speed and has 10% faster Revival Speed.

VAUBAN - Tactical Upgrade

Allows up to 12 Castanas and Talons to be placed at a time and pressing the secondary button will detonate all nearby Castanas or Talons on the target reticule. (I know it sucks at the moment with the limitation.)

VOLT - Battery Charge

Dealing or receiving electrical damage increases Volt's movement speed and attack speed by 20% for 4 seconds.

Firstly- I'll say that most of these are actually REALLY interesting and things I'd love to see become actual passives.

Secondly- Ash's passive makes no sense. Finishers/stealth finishers are already silent... they're melee weapons. They don't alert other enemies within any range unless they see you.

The ones I particularly loved are: Banshee, Hydroid, Mag, Nyx, Oberon, and Vauban's suggestions here. The others to me either just didn't make much sense or seemed underwhelming/overpowered/boring.

Just to note and this was taken from Warframe Wikipedia under Noise Level:

In update 18.1+, stealth killing enemies will produce sound that travels about 5 meters, and any enemies within that radius will become automatically alerted for about 20 seconds, including melee finishers under stealth.

Yeah; I've had that specific problem (with stealth kills) personally; if the enemy is in a group, you stealth kill the guy at the back and the group instantly turns around.

Most of the others err a bit on the strong side, but a generally pretty cool. Oberon has a really cool effect, though numerically it might be a little strong (he still probably needs all the help he can get :P). Hydroid offends my sensibilities, since I honestly think we don't need more loot drop effects in the game, but that's a personal preference thing. On the other hand, Nyx's is very weak; sometimes, it's going to hurt rather than help, since if you're taking damage, you probably want to actually use your abilities. Nova's is just... Really weird. Not the biggest fan of Volt's or Banshee's either, since they feel a little clunky. Other ones I quite like.

Also, Vauban's passive should probably include the Penta. Ever since the Tonkor came out, it gets no love :P. 

Quiet Steps is kind of useless because if you're killing something 2.5 meters away from something else, even in stealth, they're almost certainly going to be alerted anyway. It'd make more sense to just make his stealth finishers completely silent.

Synchronize and Fuel the Fire aren't necessarily bad, they're just odd.

I really love X Marks the Spot. I'll take any chance to get more loot.

Speedster feels a little lackluster, but again, not bad. Honestly, given how Invisibility gives you a big damage buff to unalerted melee attacks, and thus is already geared toward stealth killing, I feel like giving him the silent finishers and Ash the movement buff would make more sense.

Repulse seems perfectly in line with already-existing passives. Not too strong, but still useful in the right situation.

I feel like Reaper could become extremely overpowered, particularly with mid-tier endless missions. As long as you can just slaughter things early on, you'd be immensely overpowered by the time things would normally start picking up.

I don't know about Cosmic Crash, really. It's another one that's not really bad, it just doesn't feel like it fits.

Mind Over Matter would turn most people off of trying to use Nyx for high-level missions, I think. Even just 2% would be incredibly bad when things are doing piles of damage.

I'm not quite sure I understand Sacrifice. Do you mean that damage he's dealt would restore ally shields, in which case okay, or do you mean they'd take a part of his damage, in which case, god no. Even if it's limited to shields, high-level missions would be godawful.

I really love Recovery. That feels exactly right for a Trinity passive.

Tactical Upgrade is entirely too niche. Basically, he gets no bonus at all unless he's using one of only two (three?) weapons out of the whole arsenal. Maybe Vauban gets more stored ammo for his guns, instead?

Battery Charge also feels like it'd get absurdly strong far too easily. All you'd have to do is grab a weapon that exclusively deals electric damage, of which there are several, and you'd have a permanent buff.

Just to note and this was taken from Warframe Wikipedia under Noise Level:

In update 18.1+, stealth killing enemies will produce sound that travels about 5 meters, and any enemies within that radius will become automatically alerted for about 20 seconds, including melee finishers under stealth.

Thats odd, I never encountered enemies being alerted from stealth finishers unless they were directly next to them and my warframe's body contacted them.

So majority of our Warframes has a built-in Passive that slightly gives them an edge or something drastic akin to Limbo's Rift Mechanics. So here are some suggestions that could possibly work for them.

ASH - Quiet Steps

Reduces the sound produced on Stealth Kills and Melee Finishers to 2.5 meters.

BANSHEE Synchronize

Shooting with either Primary or Secondary Weapons then switching to the other will cause the weapon to have the same Noise Level (Alarming or Silent) for 6 seconds.

EMBER - Fuel the Fire

Enemies killed by Ember's Abilities or while under the effects of Heat restores 2 Energy to Ember.

HYDROID - X Marks the Spot

Periodically marks a nearby enemy target every 60 seconds (signified by the player's Energy Color) that when killed by Hydroid, is guaranteed to drop a Rare Resource or +200% Credit. Only a single enemy target can be marked at a time, failure to kill the enemy target before the next 60 seconds will remove the mark from them and apply it to a new enemy target.

LOKI - Speedster

Killing an enemy grants Loki a brief but stacking +5% movement speed for 5 seconds.

MAG Repulse

Enemies affected by Mag's abilities are unable to approach 5 meters of Mag and are instead knocked back for a short distance.

NEKROS Reaper

Nekros deals 1% more damage for each enemy he kills. Lasts for 10 seconds and each new kill refreshes the duration.

NOVA Cosmic Crash

Dropping from at least 15 meters in height causes a powerful shockwave that inflicts a random elemental proc on nearby enemies.

NYX - Mind over Matter

2% of any damage dealt to Nyx's Health is instead dealt to her Energy.

OBERON - Sacrifice

Whenever Oberon receives damage to his Health, the Health loss is evenly divided among nearby allies as shields.

TRINITY - Recovery

When moving towards a downed ally, Trinity gains +50% Movement Speed and has 10% faster Revival Speed.

VAUBAN - Tactical Upgrade

Allows up to 12 Castanas and Talons to be placed at a time and pressing the secondary button will detonate all nearby Castanas or Talons on the target reticule. (I know it sucks at the moment with the limitation.)

VOLT - Battery Charge

Dealing or receiving electrical damage increases Volt's movement speed and attack speed by 20% for 4 seconds.

Why not doublet he chance to get a rare resource or mod for hydriods passive?