The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seeking Some Advice For Ivara Build

Nethershadows

Question

As the title says, I'm seeking some advice on a build for Ivara. I've not played in awhile and am still trying to get my bearings in the game so I figured I'd come here and ask. There are two things I know I want. Good efficency while having a very strong artemis bow, that way I can use it as my primary ability.

For now I am using: Power Drift (once I get my eximus slot unlocked anyway), Energy Siphon, Streamline, Continuity, intensify, flow, constitution, fleeting expertise and transient fortitude. 

first question would be what could I do to improve on the above for my goals, if anything.

The second part of the question is what I am really kinda stumped on, my bow. I'm not entirely sure what I should mod it with for the artemis bow to do it's max damage. I'm using the dread (can't use that new bow yet, only rank 7) and have no real clue which direction to take it. I'd appreciate advice and suggestions.

Glad to be back in a game I've loved since the beginning and with the rest of you ^^ Ty for the help.

11 answers to this question

Seeing as you want to use Artemis Bow as your main weapon/skill, you sacrifice duration and go 175% efficiency with fleeting/streamline, then buff power strength as much as you want.

If you want to use your other skills, you will have to sacrifice a lot of mod points just to compensate. With the changes to toggle skills (+power duration = more toggle efficiency), ivara will need a narrow minded if you intend to use fleeting expertise.

Not sure about Artemis' stats (check the wiki yourself, too lazy atm, IIRC 25% crit chance w/o punchthrough), but a regular crit dread does pretty well.

well first, welcome back :D

So you'll mainly want to get as much efficiency and power strength as you can for the artemis bow, just keep in mind that any solid builds for her 4 will reduce the effectiveness of her other abilities.  I'll just post my 4-specific build here for an idea.

82737c85ce.jpg

As far as the bow, just from personal testing, the daikyu does the most damage with the artemis bow, leaving the dread far behind in damage.  The daikyu also happens to have 100% status chance combined with a really good crit with multishot.  Throw fire rate in there as well, and you're good to go.  As far as if it deals with what the primary kind of base damage the artemis bow is affected by the most, if any, I'm starting to wonder if it needs puncture instead of slash or impact.  Still have yet to test that one.

30c96903a7.jpg

The combination of these two will give you a minimum of 63k crit per shot with the artemis bow.

Edited by Firefly0037

well first, welcome back :D

So you'll mainly want to get as much efficiency and power strength as you can for the artemis bow, just keep in mind that any solid builds for her 4 will reduce the effectiveness of her other abilities.  I'll just post my 4-specific build here for an idea.

82737c85ce.jpg

As far as the bow, just from personal testing, the daikyu does the most damage with the artemis bow, leaving the dread far behind in damage.  The daikyu also happens to have 100% status chance combined with a really good crit with multishot.  Throw fire rate in there as well, and you're good to go.  As far as if it deals with what the primary kind of base damage the artemis bow is affected by the most, if any, I'm starting to wonder if it needs puncture instead of slash or impact.  Still have yet to test that one.

30c96903a7.jpg

The combination of these two will give you a minimum of 63k crit per shot with the artemis bow.

Thank you for the suggestion :3 I didn't even know about the Daikyu until now. Seems right up my ally though.

The improvements on Ivara's ult stats come from the mods on your primary, not the bow itself.  So if your Daikyu was better, it's because it was modded better for it.  You could even use a Boltor Prime, and if it had the same mod setup as the Daikyu it'd do the same thing.

The improvements on Ivara's ult stats come from the mods on your primary, not the bow itself.  So if your Daikyu was better, it's because it was modded better for it.  You could even use a Boltor Prime, and if it had the same mod setup as the Daikyu it'd do the same thing.

I see o-o. Have any suggestions then? or just dropping by a useful piece of info?

From what I remember though, her passive is an increase in stats for bows, as she's a hunter.  Primary weapons in general do work, but you'll get the most out of bows.

From what I remember though, her passive is an increase in stats for bows, as she's a hunter.  Primary weapons in general do work, but you'll get the most out of bows.

Nah her passive's built-in enemy radar.  Really helps with stealth since it stacks with any other sources you have to add the ranges together.  You can see enemies in tiles that aren't even on the map.

From what I remember though, her passive is an increase in stats for bows, as she's a hunter. Primary weapons in general do work, but you'll get the most out of bows.

She has built in 30 meter radar for her passive. The only "benefit" she derives from bows is that noise making weapons cancel Prowl temporarily, so unless you mod for silence or use bows and throwing knives your weapons will break prowl.

Personally I run a few different Ivara builds, one optimized for generic play and Artemis bow, and one for farming/solo spy/.

Artemis- Generic Build:

Energy Siphon/Corrosive Projection - (one of the drift mods)

Vitality - Redirection - Primed Continuity - Transient Fortitude 

Streamline - Fleeting Expertise (3/5) - Stretch - Constitution 

Farming/Spy Build:

Energy Siphon/Corrosive Projection - (One of the Drift mods)

Streamline - Primed Continuity - Stretch - Overextended

Fleeting Expertise (3/5) - Constitution - Narrow Minded (6/10) - Intensify