The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leave Some Low Mods For New Frames?

dunnfrith

Question

After maxing my starting Excal and upgrading existing mods, I started a Rhino and a Nyx.

Obviously, I can't fit my maxed mods onto new frames (and weapons).

Do players prefer to just accumulate new, base level versions of basic useful mods (e.g. Vitality and Redirection) as they start new frames/weapons, or do players like to keep an un-upgraded version of such mods in inventory to use when starting new frames/weapons?

*standard new player disclosure terms claimed*

8 answers to this question

Get some Aura mods, they can add capacity instead of taking it and the capacity they add doubles if the polarities match.

With a fresh Rhino Warframe, a maxed rank Steel charge mod will grant 18 capacity at level 0, thats enough to add a redirection and maybe a streamline, depending on mod ranks.

Edited by TheFatDrake

Get some Aura mods, they can add capacity instead of taking it and the capacity they add doubles if the polarities match.

With a fresh Rhino Warframe, a maxed rank Steel charge mod will grant 18 capacity at level 0, thats enough to add a redirection and maybe a streamline, depending on mod ranks.

Ah, yes. I noticed a change in capacity when I added an aura mod but was still trying to figure out what happened and too dimwitted to realize it was an answer to some capacity questions. Good point and thank you.

I supposed a player's goals would determine practice.

1. Player likes the story line and learning new frames, esp as ways to experience the game from different perspectives: Player would climb the planet ladder again, collecting raw mods and upgrading them as a new player would.

2. Player is more interested in getting a new frame up to max quickly for any number of reasons: Player would keep a set of low/half-upgraded mods and some auras to enable the new frame/weapon to survive and thrive in areas where higher risk brings faster leveling.

Upgrading mods for weapons seems to have been taking the most time for me.

I also suppose that if you have maxed one type of weapon and its mods, and are switching to a new weapon (e.g. rifle to bow), any bow mods yo have won't have been upgraded yet anyway.

Primary and Secondary weapons are harder to deal with. They dont have a stance/aura mod slot to add capacity.

For me, when leveling a new primary, I keep a good secondary, melee and frame on so that way i don't die horribly due to a new weapon. or I find a low level alert/syndicate mission to level them on.

Or..... you can go to Draco:Ceres and level things super fast.

It's not a bad idea with mods you always use.

I have a number of the 5 rank mods that I've retained at each rank for 'frames that have just received forma or a for a brand new 'frame. However, the more forma you get in, the less necessary this sort of thing is.