The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Councilor Vay Hek Done By Brute Force

felixsylvaris

Question

Ok so this is boss which gives me a bit harder time. High armour, and moving aroudn makes him harder to hit, and watching for broadcast and mobs makes it even harder.

There are probably some skillfull tactics like using bullet jump and shoting him in the face, but would prefer to do it in more casual way if possible.

So what resonable easy to get setup would be good for that? Is it even possible? Can i reduce his armour to 0?

My thoughs:

Boltor with corrosive fire, and alex. 

Sentinel with assault rifle.

Rhino frame to stand his broadcast.

Some medium packs to endure battle.

Group to kill mobs.

Should i do something more?

7 answers to this question

Vay Hek is indeed such a pain to fight. First thing first, killing him doesn't unlock any planet, you just get Hydroid parts and completed node. Second, you don't have to fight him until the actual boss arena (that unique room with explosive barrels).

Personally, I use Loki's invisibility and crit based weapons modded for corrosive damage. Dread and Soma Prime work very well, but feel free to use any weapon you heavily invested in - your mods are way more important than weapon choice. Shoot Vay Hek's face when he shows it, and kill any mob on sight. After enough damage and a short cinematic the second stage will start, when he no longer has invincibility phases, this is very straightforward. 

I wont help you. But which phase give you trouble ? You need any primary weapon that isnt mk1-braton, soma prime is excellent with argon scope because you are hitting only his head + if you cant survive that trash he spawns simply get more shield/hp/armor mods for more survival and stronger weapon so you can oneshot them down, as always tonkor and when you are lucky and both grenades with multishot manage to land he always moves to his next phase (I dont use elemental mods on tonkor waste of slots and no damage improvement). If you are having trouble with his terra frame part, what exactly gives you trouble, trash around him ? get stronger frame. For this phase I reccomend hard hitting weapons, shotguns, bows. Sancti tigris, both Heks and again tonkor can take him down in two shots. .... he is annoying as hell doing that flying head part 4 times when he sometimes simply ignore you (this happens always in solo as if he was looking for other players) for several minutes without opening his face, or sticking his face into wall so you cant hit it and then after 20 minutes of this you can finally oneshot him .... btw are we talking about regular boss not LoR ? :D

Normal version.

The phase after waterslide, 4th i suppose. He is moving around, can be harm only at specific time in specific place, and have some hard abilities.

Anyway i did it.

Loadout:

Frame: Rhino, the second abilit made everyting easier, resistin Hek's abilities.

Main: Karak, that is only one i have catalyst in.

Secondary: Kunai, not important

Melee: Destreza, not important but saves ammon for grunts

Sentinel: Carrier, but died at some point

Items:

1x vapor spectre, to draw fire away

2x energy restore, to cast rhino invicibility

2x ammo restore, van hek need a lot ammo

Observations:

In phase 1-3 could use Greineer turrets against Hek

Hek could be frozen with sentinel aura, so probably by other means as well.