The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Help With Boltor Prime Build

InsuranceFraud

Question

I need some help here.

According to this build, http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Boltor_prime/t_30_22200332_132-2-5-133-6-5-137-1-10-138-5-5-141-4-5-148-7-5-150-0-10-405-3-5_150-8-137-7-132-8-405-9-141-11-138-6-133-6-148-5/en/2-0-44/83770/0 I should have zero problems taking care of enemys at level 60.

I have this entire setup copied. All the mods in the right place, all the mods maxed to what this shows, and it's even rated as one of the best builds currently.

However, when I try it out, I can barley even kill level 40 units. So what's the deal? Am I doing something wrong?

Do you guys suggest any changes?

Cheers.

18 answers to this question

Firstly, this should be in Players Helping Players.

Secondly, you might wanna consider adding a 4th element to make 2 elemental combos, and take off the bane.

Thirdly, different enemies have different armour values. What works against infested won't necessarily work against corrupted, and different faction are weak to different elements. Equip the appropriate elemental combos to deal optimum damage

Vile isn't that good.... Also bane of the greneer is worse than a elemental mod IMO. I would suggest you trade that for corrosive damage.

This must be a old build because while its optimal for the greneer specifically it sucks for anything but greneer.

Edited by Feallike

I personally don't like pure fire rate mods on the Boltor Prime. While it pushes paper theoretical DPS, in reality it just makes you constantly reload.

Here is a build that I like to use: http://goo.gl/x06LcK.

I personally don't like to go corrosive + blast and that is the reason I went with the dual stat mod. Blast knocks enemies down on the ground and makes you miss precious shots on other enemies. Each bullet is valuable since reload is so long on the Boltor P. 

Edited by KutieKat

This would be better suited for players helping players rather than in general discussion.

But anyways, I'd personally ditch the bane mod, toxin elemental and replace vile acceleration with regular fire rate mod. Otherwise go pure elemental build.

Guess the build is against grineer, either pure radiation + cold (no idea why u put toxin) or radiation + corrosive.

Firstly, this should be in Players Helping Players.

Secondly, you might wanna consider adding a 4th element to make 2 elemental combos, and take off the bane.

Thirdly, different enemies have different armour values. What works against infested won't necessarily work against corrupted, and different faction are weak to different elements. Equip the appropriate elemental combos to deal optimum damage

So what should I be using, for say, if I was just running the void?

This would be what you want when fighting the Grineer. The Viral Proc really helped.

JhPM7Kf.jpg

Killed a lvl 100 Bombard in 50 shots. (It's an estimate, I don't think I landed every shot)

Heres a screenshot http://puu.sh/n3aSF/13bc9ada05.jpg

I'm confused mate. That's what I linked you

I personally don't like pure fire rate mods on the Boltor Prime. While it pushes paper theoretical DPS, in reality it just makes you constantly reload.

Here is a build that I like to use: http://goo.gl/x06LcK.

I personally don't like to go corrosive + blast and that is the reason I went with the dual stat mod. Blast knocks enemies down on the ground and makes you miss precious shots on other enemies. Each bullet is valuable since reload is so long on the Boltor P. 

Would what you linked me be ideal for T4 runs?

Thanks for all the help guys

Would what you linked me be ideal for T4 runs?

Thanks for all the help guys

It would be more then enough for most survival and defense runs. You'll chew through level 40 units like paper. The damage will start to fall of around level 60+ against bombards and napalms though, so be prepared to bring ammo restores. However, if you are running in a team with all Corrosive Projection, you can switch to viral damage instead and it will allow you to push a little more. 

Bane mods are only good against the specific faction it is for. Those mods do nothing against the corrupted in void runs, so it is basicly a wasted slot. Personally, if you like AOE bursts then the telos boltor would be a bit better, otherwise, go with what people are recomending, and remove that bane mod if your goal is the corrupted in the void.

For the Void, don't use Radiation/Viral. Those elementals are best against Grineer with Alloy armour, however in the Void Corrupted Heavy Gunners are the biggest bullet sponges and they have Ferrite armour.

Additionally, you want to be able to deal with the Corrupted Ancient Healers asap. (Aside: Radiation procs work to remove their auras, but to take them down, Corrosive/Blast have the biggest multipliers).

Sadly, the Bane mod is useless against all Corrupted units.

So my suggestion is to go mainly for Corrosive on your Boltor Prime. I consider Serration, Split Chamber, Heavy Caliber and Shred as staples for this weapon (although I don't use my maxed Heavy Cal, only R6/10). Add Heat or Cold elemental as 7th (I'm using Cold because of the D polarity it comes with). And for the last slot maybe the Puncture mod (Piercing Caliber), increase Corrosive e.g. with Malignant Force, use a fire rate mod or even one of the utility mods, if you like.