The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Are These Void Rotations I'm Hearing About?

(PSN)Dargondarkfire

Question

6 answers to this question

I assume by rotation they're talking about the way rewards work for endless missions like Survival and Defense. Basically there are 3 seperate tables, or rotations, for these missions (A, B, and C) and for every few waves/minutes completed the game pulls a reward from one of the tables. To be specific, it goes like this:

5 waves/minutes: Reward from table A

10 waves/minutes: Another Reward from A

15 waves/minutes: Reward from table B

20 waves/minutes: Reward from table C

25+ waves/minutes: Repeats the cycle of A-A-B-C

I'm not sure what specifically void rotations have to do with Rhino Prime being vaulted, I'm going to assume they're upset that Rhino Prime is being vaulted to make room for Saryn Prime even though the void drop tables are infamous for having lots of "junk" items that can easily be replaced with Saryn parts instead (a reasonable complaint indeed).

I've seen people freaking out over rhino prime being vaulted and people are mentioning void rotations. It's been awhile since I played, but I don't remember void rotations being in the game back around the time loki prime came out.

Rotations have been in the endless missions of the game for as long as it's been on the PS4.

Every 5 minutes/Waves (Or 1 round/Excavator if doing interception/Excavation) completes a Rotation and there are 3 Rotations that continue infinitely called A, B, and C.  They go on the cycle of A, A, B, C and the reward is pulled from the reward pool of whatever mission node you are on.  To complete a rotation requires 20 minutes/waves in Defense or Survival, or 4 waves/excavators in Interception and Defense and, after completing, the rotation resets for the next 20 minutes/waves or 4 rounds/excavators.

Edited by (PS4)horridhal

Basically, in a few days time Rhino Prime and a select set of Prime weapons will be retired from the loot table in void missions to make way for the new Prime(Saryn) along with the Prime weapons introduced with the new Warframe.

Like the above poster said, the loot table would be too crowded if they kept Rhino Prime in there. That's why the trade chat is scrambling for Rhino parts too.

That's because there if there are too many items in the drop tables it will hose your chances of getting stuff. So they have to remove some stuff as they add new stuff to keep the percentages the same

no, that's not how mathematics works.

Weighted Chances doesn't care how many things are in the Pool. your rates to get the fancy new thing still would be the same even if there were 50 items in the pool.

that's not why items are being removed.

people did not use the terminology, but it always existed  

I been around since u12  its just an adaptation of understanding wiki and it terminology when i started barely anyone used wiki  to now almost everyone even mr0 starters especially on ps4 where you can get a head up on the items requirements to build ect.