The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There An Efficiency Soft Cap?

alid610

Question

Okay so this is my first topic here so please be gentle.

Now i recently got chroma and fell in love with effigy but s8nce i am new and have no reactors (potato) i got to minmaxing without it and using Steelcharge for points.

While experimenting i found something wrong that if you use Fleeting Expertise max with R2 streamline for 175% efficiency the result differs if you use max Streamline.

Max FE and R2 streamline=175% efficiency= 6.25 effigy cost

Max FE and Max streamline= 175% or 190% efficiency = 2.5 effigy cost

So is there a hidden efficiency stat that is not seen?

If someone has answer please do since I have been searching wiki and forums for this.

11 answers to this question

You get less efficiency with Max FE and R2 Streamline because you get a negative duration, and toggled abilitiy drain is affected by duration. However a high enough Efficiency can cancel that negative.

The efficiency is capped at 175% anyways though, so for 100 energy ultimates, you can't get lower than 25 energy cost, no matter ho much efficiency you stick in there.

For Effigy drain, with default drain being 10 per second, 2.5 per second is as low as you can get.

Edited by (PS4)Gaelic-_-Flame

Duration affects "on trigger" skills like Effigy, so you may consider to add Duration mods.

I don't know if Duration's "efficiency" will stack with regular Efficiency though but you can check that ingame.

As already said the Hard Cap for Efficiency is set to 75% that means 175% total.

Edited by Demdemeh

The problem is that i know duration effects it and i only added efficiency mods to check the diffrence and this was result.

No duration mods were added but the cost between r5 and r2 streaml8ne changed.

This to me seems like the cap on efficiency is fake or incorrect.

From wiki: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Effigy

That's why. Consider that most of "On Trigger" skills cannot gain energy at all (except Energy Orbs and Syndicate weapons's effects) when activated.

Being able to cast Effigy and replenish Energy through EV and Rage is a huge, huge, huge advantage.

It's not a bug, you just need to know how to play it correctly.

I know what you mean OP.

Yes, I have noticed that extra efficiency (past the 75% cap), goes toward the rate of toggled abilities.

Using a streamline (R4) and maxed fleeting expertise gives you less toggled efficiency than streamline (R5) and a maxed fleeting expertise (try it out in-game).

It seems that the leftover is used on those toggled abilities.

The duration is not a factor, as it remains constant. OP has a point

The problem is that i know duration effects it and i only added efficiency mods to check the diffrence and this was result.

No duration mods were added but the cost between r5 and r2 streaml8ne changed.

This to me seems like the cap on efficiency is fake or incorrect.

Fleeting Expertise reduces Duration, so that why it's different. You have 175% Efficiency and 40% Duration with Max FE and R2 Streamline. But if you stick in more Efficiency it actually cancels out the negative duration completely.

There was a thread about the toggled efficiency formula https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/537311-toggled-efficiency-formula/

If you use that formula it's exactly the results you were getting

Max FE + R2 Streamline (175% Efficiency and 40% Duration)

10*(1/0.4)*(2-1.75)=6.25

Max FE + Max Streamline (190% Efficiency and 40% Duration)

10*(1/0.4)*(2-1.9)=2.5

I find it interesting that the formula calculates Efficiency without the 175% cap, but it would still apply the cap afterwards, if the final results exceeds that.