Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tactical Alert, Positive Feedback.

Burnthesteak87

This Tactical Alert is challenging in the right ways, you don't get punished hard until you fail multiple times.

The alarm system is perfect and should have always be like this.

A Camera spots you, starts a lockdown of the sector, deploying istantly countermeasures (Bursas in this case), rifle turres, moas and drones.
The old laser doors were a ridicle failure compared to this also because they could be trepassed with no harm.

Bursas are perfect minibosses which requires a smart positioning and dodging harmful attacks. Just the infinite knockdown is a bit lame, I understand it's made to combo with the grapple attack, but sometimes it's overkill, forcing you to bring Handspring.

Hyena Packs are perfect heavy-units-to-minibosses. They're the best designed units in game. They jump around and deploy special attacks. This requires costant fedback from the player. Compared to other Heavy Units like Corpustech and Nullifiers they are more dynamic and entertaining (I usually appreciate Nullifiers, I don't have any rancor toward them).

All these units together may be a little too hard to manage, but it's the first time in Warframe i feel the correct challenge dosage.
Not just a 'WalkingN'ShootingMindlessMob' scaling on damage and resistances: something I found in other Tactical Alerts requiring "spamming CC and immortality or get oneshotted" can't be defined "a Challenge".

The Boss is wonderful, finally something requiring to use both Thinking and Parkour Skills.

A good step in the right direction. It all may require a bit of refining in level design and stages organization, but overall feels really good.

Finally we have a really decent Bossfight.

PS:
If you like mission theorycrafting check also this thread, both for idea sharing and general feedback.
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/451204-assassination-missions-rework-dynamic-challenging-stealthy/

Edited by Burnthesteak87

I agree!

Granted the execution is extremely poor, since the AI of the Bursas is not good causing the Bursas to not always do what is intended, I too believe this is a step in the right direction.

Despite all the hate of the event, I will now give my opinion on why it is superb in concept.

The main reason we see so many failures now and hate of the event is simply due to players having been conditioned to think in this manner:

Maxed Out Mods + Maxed Out Frame + Maxed Out Weapons + Knowledge on the frame = High DPS = Win

This is simply due to the enemies having been bullet sponges for a long long long long time (I have been around for some time so I have seen the days when the Jackal was the only boss which isn't a bullet sponge)

I have seen the improvements in the boss fights with similar concepts and I applaud DE for it.

So, what exactly did the concept of this event brought us.

The answer: Brains

Or rather some thinking involvement on the part of the player.

In the above equation,

Maxed Out Mods + Maxed Out Frame + Maxed Out Weapons + Knowledge on the frame = High DPS = Win

simply imply that a player who has spent much time in this game will in essence always beat a new player (not in the traditional sense of PVP but rather in the sense of mission usefulness - ie. how useful he is to the team)

However, by adding in Brains

Maxed Out Mods + Maxed Out Frame + Maxed Out Weapons + Knowledge on the frame + Brains = High DPS + Brains = Win

Suddenly, even if you have a low DPS, with brains, you have a chance to win.

In other words, a smart and observant new player can and will be able to tell an experienced player who may not be too observant or intellectually inclined how to beat the boss/enemy. Hence, contributing to the team and also raising his/her usefulness.

This is also a form of player involvement where stats do not matter, it can also be called skill because if you played enough games, the concept to this boss fight would have came quickly to you, assuming you have not been too heavily conditioned to think that high DPS will ensure victory no matter what.

So, once again, I applaud DE on taking the right step.

However, I must agree and reiterate that the execution is extremely poor. As for why, I believe the many hate threads for the tactical alert will shed some light on it.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO