Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods Not Glowing Anymore?

Anariell

The mods don't glow anymore when other squad members haven't picked them up yet, making it hard to mark or find them. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not but it is really lame . Btw i'm not sure if this is the right section for posting this :/

Edited by Anariell

Someone in my Endless Defense noticed this, it is a real pita.

I hope this is a bug in the patch because if it isn't it turns what was a gentleman's agreement for marking mods people had not picked up into a dog eat dog get your own and F*** the rest of the squad members over ordeal.

I think it has something to do with fixing the bug that displays the ammo box markers after you've picked them up. Seems like a similar thing.

I can kinda get the problem, but setting down a waypoint in the general vicinity of the mod always seemed to work in groups I've been in.

I mean, if you set down a waypoint, it's something to be picked up, right? Materials or mods, you probably want both, so what's the big deal?

Sometimes in Defense missions you get the mod while killing, waypoint, and the waypoint wears off by the end of the wave. You have also moved around in this time and now forget where the mod is. So your team has to go walk around in circles attempting to find the thing lost in a corner.

This is frustrating, coming from someone that basically only plays with a group of friends with an external voice-chat program, and we yell mods out every time we get one. Just played 10 or so defense missions, and it was a hassle to make sure everyone got every mod. Just making them sparkle again when someone has missed it would be nice.

I'm in agreement that I don't like this change. I hope it was an unintended side-effect of the ammo on the ground/tag indicators (which I didn't care/mind really).

The inability to still have the glow/sparkles really makes it harder on fellow teammates. I like how you can be helpful to teammates and inform members that someone had missed a certain mod.

I would love to see them bring back the mods glowing through walls that we had for a very short time, I think it was before open beta. 

I think it only lasted between two hotfixes. It was fantastic while it was there.

As said above, think this was an OOPS caused by the ammo display change. At least I am hoping it is an OOPS.

"Mod here" versus "Theres a mod..somewhere..close to me" is..problematic.

I am a space ninja..not the mod-psychic damnit.