The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Modding. Need Advice

WhiteLobo

Question

So I finally got rhino built. normal version. So far I have ranked up steel fiber a bit, as well as vitality, fast redirection and the mod that increases shields. This seemed the logical way to go, So far Rhino is rank 23.

I was wondering What mods would I want to make rhino very sturdy and hard to kill, So i can do void missions with ease?

15 answers to this question

This is my personal build : Steel Charge Aura, Vitality, Blind Rage, Primed Continuity, Fleeting Expertise, Armored Agility, Streamline, Intensify, Stretch, and Cunning or Power Drift in the Exilus slot.

Gives you a good Iron skin and some decent movement speed on Rhino.  This is my solo build.  If you plan to run him in group missions you'd want to drop Intensify or Blind rage and add some extra duration for Roar/Stomp.  You can also drop the Intensify in the solo build and add a duration mod if you want a little longer duration on those skills for solo play.

Edited by (PS4)horridhal

What mods add strength? I have not come across any yet. I have been trying to finish all the missions on all my available planets before trying to do the void, if that's where the mods are found. I just want to stash as many void keys as possible before i start doing the towers.

Personal Build (right now) for Rhino Prime:

Vitality - Steel Fiber - Stretch - Primed Continuity 
Iron Shrapnel - Ironclad Charge - Streamline - Rank 3 Fleeting Expertise

If you're using a normal Rhino than Steel Fiber probably isn't worth it and I'd replace it with Redirection or something else entirely. Normal Rhino has a surprisingly low armor value, so he can't benefit much from Steel Fiber. 

You could forego Vitality also, but I like to have a bit of a safety cushion in case Iron Skin falls at a bad moment. That said, his augment mods give you a lot better control over that. 

Iron Shrapnel will spew your remaining Iron Skin value at your enemies, but more important than that, it allows you to refresh your Iron Skin without having to wait for it to die off naturally. This gives you a pretty big advantage in that it allows you to pace yourself a lot better. 

Ironclad Charge gives you a buff that increases the amount of Ferrite Armor you get from Iron Skin based on how many enemies you hit with your Rhino Charge. Played right, this results in a massive amount of Ferrite Armor that will allow you to absorb a huge amount of punishment before it goes down. Any additional power strength you put on is still going to help but this mod really makes Iron Skin viable at higher levels. 

I like to shed my old Iron Skin at the end of a charge, knocking down a lot of enemies, and then activate Iron Skin again to put up a new shield while my current engagement is busy standing up (assuming they aren't all dead). Just don't forget to put on Iron Skin again or you might find yourself dead unexpectedly. 

Streamline/Fleeting Expertise are obvious for reducing energy consumption so you can actually use your powers more than once or twice a mission. Energy Efficiency caps out at 75%, so I prefer rank 3 or rank 4 Fleeting Expertise rather than maxing it out. 

Stretch is for making Rhino Stomp's radius bigger. 

Primed Continuity is to offset the negative from Fleeting Expertise so that Roar and Rhino Stomp still retain their intended function. 

General gameplay for me revolves around utilizing Rhino as a crowd control tank whose primary method of damage mitigation is to keep knocking opponents over so they don't have the opportunity to become an annoyance. I very much like Jat Kittag or some other heavy hammer with Crushing Ruin for this purpose and liberal use of Rhino Charge to send enemies to the ground. Be mindeful of the rest of your party, however; It's really annoying for them if you are constantly ping-balling enemies out of existence while they are trying to shoot at them. Sometimes it's better to do a downward melee smash attack if a lot of your team mates are taking aim at your targets so that the enemies don't move dramatically and they can still shoot them. 

Roar is nice, but stops being a priority as my energy reserves start getting taxed. It's more important to have back-up for Rhino Stomp and Charge than it is to give your party a damage boost. Still, try to get into a habit of keeping it up. 

A lot of Rhino's get by entirely by spamming Rhino Stomp, which is... fine, but also incredibly boring. Still, I don't stop doing it either entirely. If the party seems to be having a hard time staying alive or you need to buy a breather for whatever reason, Rhino Stomp is the way you do it. If you're more interested in this aspect of gameplay, you'll probably want to consider Constitution and Narrowminded/Overextended for a very crowd-control focused Rhino. It's not for me personally, but less skilled players will probably find that sort of build better suited for them. 

Edited by Acos

Posted Today, 06:38 PM

Personal Build (right now) for Rhino Prime:

Vitality - Steel Fiber - Stretch - Primed Continuity 
Iron Shrapnel - Ironclad Charge - Streamline - Rank 3 Fleeting Expertise

If you're using a normal Rhino than Steel Fiber probably isn't worth it and I'd replace it with Redirection or something else entirely. Normal Rhino has a surprisingly low armor value, so he can't benefit much from Steel Fiber. 

Iron Skin scales from armor, right? Wouldn't it be a good idea to increase it as much as possible? It might not get to Valkyr's level of armor, but it'll still give Iron Skin that small boost.

Efficiency + Range for Crowd Control Build
(For this one, yur better off with Redirection to save yurself)

Strength + Efficiency for Iron Skin build
(For this one, yur better of slapping as much Armor mods on spare mod slots than anything else.)

Iron Sharpnel is good for Iron Skin build, and  Ironclad Charge is overall useful anywhere. 

Vigor can be used if yu still want abit of HP and Shields

The guy just started the game.  He's not going to have all those corrupted mods and other high end mods.  Plus he's not going to have the credits or fusion cores to level them all up even if he buys them from other players.

I would go with a general build with more emphasis on survivability so this way you can stay alive longer while being able to use all of his powers.  Later in the game, put more emphasis on Rhino's crowd control powers than Iron Skin.  Crowd control will save you more than Iron Skin in late game.  Later you should also check out his syndicate augment mods like Ironclad Charge and Iron Shrapnel.

Aura mod - Steel Charge or Rifle Amp, depending on if you like melee or shooting. This will also give you capacity.

Vitality

Redirection or Steel Fiber

Intensity - all of Rhino's powers need strength, including Iron Skin

Streamline

Flow

Continuity - enemies stay in the air longer with stomp so go cc, and teammates have roar longer

Range - makes charge distance covered longer and wider radius for stomp (again, good for cc) and roar

Rush - Rhino's way too slow for my taste without his arcane helmet so this mod was a must for me

This build should be good enough to carry you to the end of the Solar Map at least. 

It's a Syndicate mod for Steel Meridian. I find it totally necessary for high level viability. You need to pledge their syndicate and work your way up the ranks to General. Takes some time, or you can trade for one. Lots of people in Steel Meridian.

No, it isn't.  It is an Aura mod, not an Augment.

Extremely new, how can I get Steel Charge?

It comes from random Alerts like other Aura mods.  I'm not sure of the prices on Xbox, but on PS4 they go for 10-20 plat in trade channel if you are having a hard time finding the alert.