The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Trying To Keep Grapich At Highest Possible But Having Really Difficult Lags

SoulEaterReaper

First some questions

Does warframe run on one cpu or multiple? so far it seems to bottleneck on my i7 3770k at 4,3 ghz by using Mainly 1 core.

I use shadowplay to record videos it doesn't affect fps much at all, tried without and with it active, ran videos where i monitored my gpu / cpu usage meanwhile playing, so far i cant get any nice fps when playing on maximum settings and MFAA activated in the nvidia control panel.

I noticed playing solo i had 170-200 FPS at almost all times in void, is mainly in the void where fps drops. T1 MD looking for rhino p bp ofcourse. and i then tried another game in 4 man squad, when i hit the same rooms even without any teammate being around or effects from them, the fps was around 100-120 wich was really wierd / frustrating. and i was using the same frame , everything the exact same. made a video and i will upload it soon.

its just, do a solo and your average fps will be 160, but go coop and your average fps will be 100 and laggy.

its not that 100 fps is laggy but in these circumstances it is, if i goto another game and cap it 60 fps its smooth, but here its jiggly, even tho fps never drops below 60. usually if it gets laggy its around 120 or less. i have my fps capped at 144.

Monitor refresh rate 120, fps capped 120,

GTX 970

I7 3770K 4.4 Ghz

8GB 1600 Mhz Ram.

Windows 7 64 bit, windows 10 looks S#&$ty as Hell, (folders, edges, no built in Aero glass) but thats that.

Edited by SoulEaterReaper

yeah i have the same situation here :D and look on your ram memory in use when playing warframe with friends :D before i have 1200mb used and now after few updates 1900mb :DD wtf

when i play solo -- no lags

with friends --- master lags race :D

and this long loading screen :D

Edited by GHOST.PL

yeah this new loading they did the last patches is annoying but i dont really mind spawning into the game some seconds behind.

Play solo = 160-200 fps (capped 200) do same map co-op and its annoyingly laggy even with 90-130 fps, sometimes dips down to 75.

if i take off cap and i go into the ship the fps is 310-340 because the gpu is being utilised but other than that the game either has too many physics that bottlenecks. its just a game shouldn't lag when you have 70-120 fps, even if i cap it at 74 fps it feels like 30 fps. and somtimes when i open the game my mouse sensitivity has been increased alot and the game seems less laggy.

i mean i have the i7 3770k, its 15-18% slower than the fastest single threaded cpu in the world (I7 6770K) and if that cant even run the game on 1080p maxed out.

the settings for this game is like

Low

Medium

"you can pick this if you want lag and feel laggy"

But i am gonna do one more thing in warframe right now to make sure i didn't miss something important since i activated MFAA in the nvidia control panel. its just the wierd thing, go solo and enter a room, you have 200 fps, go multiplayer and go into the same room without annyone else in there, suddenly fps is 120 and feeling laggy. just that itself is really...... yeah.

Try disable local reflections. I get fps drops in void if I enable it.

And my warframe usually use around 600mb of ram. It rarely passes 1 gb with max settings.

Its better to reduce your graphic settings to prevent dps loss on some skills like hysteria

Edited by Blaze_Paladin

remember to put the video on 1080P, and yes the light is blue in squad and normal in solo.

thank you for the unparking link, at first i did not restart game and unparked 3 cores, it did not impact fps but the game felt smooth during 100 fps, but now i restarted game and forced multi threaded cpu's to be on instead of Auto.

how many cores does warframe support in total? cause later on when this beast i7 6950X is coming around with 10 cores 20 threads i was up for that aslong it does around the same performance as i7 6770k single threaded.

i pretty much guarantee CPU is the limiting factor - adjusting Video Settings is extremely unlikely to make any difference to your problem.

as Warframe is extremely CPU bound.

more Players will inevitably mean lower performance. you can adjust things to help a bit, but it will always be lower than when you're alone.

a multitude of factors between tracking other Players + their Meshes (which are much more complicated than anything an Enemy has), more Tiles active at all times, significantly more Enemies present at any given time, Et Cetera.

you also get a very high capable GPU draw rate in your Liset because there's almost no CPU load at all there, so your GPU is able to push to it's fullest.

it's not Textures, it's not Lighting, it's not not Reflections. it's not Memory usage unless you're encountering a leak or you're just almost out of Memory.

(which means your computer is doing too many things at once anyways, 8gigs is way more than enough for Warframe + Windows + Browser and some other commonly used applications with room to spare)

Edited by taiiat

yeah and thats why the game should be running nice and smooth on my i7 3770k 4.4 ghz

so already have done some testing, and yes i ran parked cpu's with admin rights, the fps seem to hit 150-170 sometimes but it stays down at 125-140, it can go down to as low as 90 but it doesn't feel laggy as it did before.

and if this continues then my problem is solved, fps didn't get much more stable but it feels alot smoother. 

also what is your fps in 4K? and grapich settings? 

remember to put the video on 1080P, and yes the light is blue in squad and normal in solo.

-snip-

rDDMbGv.png

http://i.imgur.com/rDDMbGv.png

Youtube only recognizes videos as 4K if you record them in 30 fps. My monitor is 60 hz (technically speaking pixels can refresh themselves 60 times per second) So technically I don't see a difference when going over 60 fps with this panel.

GTX960 isn't meant for 4K gaming (regarding nVidia) and I get input lag when playing warframe @4K. This is the reason I haven't benchmarked it but fighting against input lag. But fps it jumps around 30 - 50 fps (fast glimpse when fps is uncapped). Gapping the fps to 30 fixed the input lag so I've been playing with 30fps which is giving this "cinematic look" and feel to the game -- It's the 1/2 refresh rate of my monitor. And it stays constantly at 30 (sometimes it dips to 29 regarding nvidia overlay).

So if you (or anyone) experience input lag you may want to install nVidia Inspector and do some testing with fps cap's:

w1PeG7g.png

http://i.imgur.com/w1PeG7g.png

I like the fluid 60 fps more than the cinematic look when playing games, but it's fun to test my mediocre rig with it's limits :)=

Edit: Graphics settings:

All settings MAX expect of: AntiAliasing = off. The resolution is so high that you barely see (with my panel) the difference if AA is on or off. AA makes the fps drop below the capped 30 fps.

Edited by carnaga

also about the unparking cpu's the difference is starting to go unnoticed again, could rather say no difference at all by now. when i check status they are still unparked so. 

game shouldn't lag at all to be honest.

cpu usage when warframe is closed and having google chrome etc open it uses nja 0 to 4% cpu usage so. there is nothing else thats in the way. 

ran a cinebench and my cpu is still strong. http://i.imgur.com/TkCQveo.png

and gtx 970 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/10638585

and in nvidia inspector i can pick the warframe profile, but i dont see any frame rate limiter in either.