The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Reward

TheGoodDarius

Question

Is it just me or the sorties are rewarding us only with packs of fusion cores? Because at least in the last three days I've received only fusion cores packs. Not that I'm complaining, but something else like the Focus lens would be appreciated. Am I the only one, is it just a coincidence or is it just a bug?

7 answers to this question

Items with a check box beside their name can only be obtained once per season. If you've gotten that item already then you will get fusion cores instead. There's also an event that will always reward additional fusion cores when you complete all 3 sortie missions until a certain date.

Did you take into account that you now get 25 cores every time you finish the 3 missions on top of the actual reward? If you saw only 25 cores that means your reward was not cores but something else, or you would have at least 50 (if you got the 25 cores from the reward table).

Did you take into account that you now get 25 cores every time you finish the 3 missions on top of the actual reward? If you saw only 25 cores that means your reward was not cores but something else, or you would have at least 50 (if you got the 25 cores from the reward table).

Yes I did take that in account, because I received pack of 50 or 75 cores.

But I think that MrJxt has got it right, I've most of the once-per-season rewards marked, thus I think the game can only access to a limited amount and so I get mostly the fusion cores, which is not bad.

Is it just me or the sorties are rewarding us only with packs of fusion cores? Because at least in the last three days I've received only fusion cores packs. Not that I'm complaining, but something else like the Focus lens would be appreciated. Am I the only one, is it just a coincidence or is it just a bug?

It seems that the way the drops work is:

1) Calculate drop randomly

2) If you have the reward, and it is a 'once only', change to fusion cores.

What this means is that the more sorties you do, the more likely you are to just get fusion cores.  I'd (personally) prefer it if the possible pool was reduced before the random drop (e.g. have it pick 1 from 6, rather than 1 from 10 (with 6 being cores)).  Although adding half the number of 'got' drops as fusion cores may be 'fairer'.  E.g. if you've got 4 of the 10, it becomes 1/8 (with 3 fusion cores, 1 + the 2 added).