The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help With Draco (No Idea Where To Start)

(PSN)Paces91

Question

Well, firstly, I have a Frost, Loki Prime and Ember. I have a fair selection of important mods, and if any of these frames can be useful in a draco farm then I think I'll be okay on that. So hopefully if any advice comes my way, one of those will work. If not, I'll be getting Nekros soon, so hopefully he'll be useful in someway if all else fails. 

But most of that information involving builds to use, frames to use, what to do etc is posted everywhere on YouTube, so I feel confident I can learn most of that on my own.

So my base question is, how does this work? EXP wise? MR wise?

For example, if I were the build to kill enemies, would my guns still gain EXP even though it was my frame that was rounding up the kills?

Will my guns/frames get good EXP if I'm more of a support build, helping the killer of the team rather than doing the killing myself, in other words; just wondering how effective the leech would be.

Basically, I think I can figure out how the process works. But I need a bit of a tutorial on how the EXP gains will work. What to do and what not to do in terms of gaining the most EXP. I'm just trying to hit MR8 right now, and wanting to learn how to get good EXP in the future when I'm polarizing my weapons and frames etc. 

Any help would be nice, hopefully I gave a good explanation of my questions here lol. I googled quite a bit. But most of what I found just explained the process, which I feel confident I can learn pretty quickly given all the information that's already out there. Just need help with the few things I noted. So again, thanks to anyone who decides to give some advice.

7 answers to this question

Edit: didn't read it trough..

A quick tutorial:

Thers allways your and shared xp.

Weapon kills share to your used weapon and part to the frame, 100% of the xp are shared to your squad, evenly split among theyr present equipment.

Frame kills get 100% of the xp as frame xp,the share works the same.

So i'd advice to pick a CC frame and dequipping evrything maxed if you're leveling weapons and going for the kill if you're leveling frames.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity

Consult the wiki for exact numbers.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

As far as I know every amount of affinity gained by your warframe will be "duplicated" and then evenly distributed among your weapons. So say you decide to take all possible weapons along and earn like 12000 affinity with the frame, all your weapons will get 4000 affinity each. If you drop one of the weapons, it'll be 50% of your Warframe affinity instead for each of the remaining weapons.

As far as affinity from your team goes, I believe you have an innate 50 m radius in which one tenno shares affinity with others from kills. You can expand that with the help of one of the talents from the Vazarin focus to 100 m.

As far as effectivel doing the mission, it surely depends on what kind of people accompany you. If you're playing public, it's likely that everyone more or less just defends one of the comm. towers and thats it for 4 rounds (or less, for whatever reason.). But if you have people that are geared towards doing it as efficiently as possible, they'll bring certain frames and drag out the individual rounds as long as possible - so only a minimum of towers will be captured. I can't tell you specifics, because I am way to lazy to do it this way.

But what I can tell you, is that even as supporter you'll level just fine. You might not get as much affinity for your weapon/Warframe if you don't use it to kill a lot of enemies, but even without a booster you should never have to do Draco more than 2-3 times to max out anything from 0 to 30.

Hope that helps :)

Edit: Also it's always nice if you want to level a new Warframe to try and not be bleeding out all the time. So if you can, mod Vitality early on and try to be careful. And it's a little rude to go into the mission with all lvl 0 equipment and completly let yourself get carried by the other players. But since you seem to be preparing well for this, I don't think you're the kind of person who's then mean to others. 

Edited by Argon

But if you have people that are geared towards doing it as efficiently as possible, they'll bring certain frames and drag out the individual rounds as long as possible - so only a minimum of towers will be captured. I can't tell you specifics, because I am way to lazy to do it this way.

The specifics on this method (capping only 3 points). The longer you drag out a round, the more enemies spawn, which means more kills, which means more xp. But I agree with you, I'd rather do four quick rounds and repeat if necessary rather than just drag each round out.

Edited by (PS4)CowboyJeff72

General Helpful Hints:

1. if leveling a warframe have at least one good near-max damage type weapon (preferably ranged)

2. If leveling weapons have a well-modded, near max level warframe (with CC or defensive abilities to help survive because you will kill slower)

Max exp:

1. You want to win each round by <5% capture.

2. ^ to do this CAP 2 towers and neutralize a 3rd to get your capture % higher than enemy. Then let enemy CAP the neutral tower. Keep 2 CAPed and you should win by a few %.

(((Beware, sometimes enemy will quick a tower and you will get behind in %) so be carful towards end of round so you have time to get ahead again.))

3. ^ to get ahead again, CAP your 2 mandatory towers and CAP a 3rd (or all 4 if very close to end of round) until you are ahead again and then just hold 2 towers.

4. Speed Nova To max exp. you need to kill lots of enemies while slowly wining tower CAP. So speeding up enemies is very productive = more enemies killed and more spawned in shorter time. And MP helps kill quicker. At higher strength waves the Nova may not want to speed up enemies so you don't get overrun.

This method needs a cohesive team that can slow-CAP and recover % if behind.

If a slow-CAP is not your style or you can't trust an open PUG then just quick cap 3-4 towers and you can repeat.

Good Luck.

I really drag Draco out by taking 2 towers and neutralising a 3rd, and making sure I get 1% ahead of the enemy. I let them take the neutralised tower, i only neutralise it to get my the 1 or 2 % advantage.

Of course, you gotta watch your towers and if they take one, then act accordingly :)