The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Build Without Sweeping Serration?

PsychoMime

Question

I'm a mastery rank 4 player who just got the Tigris and even with no mods at level 1 it (literally) made mincemeat out of level 17 grineer. However every build I have seen for it so far has sweeping serration as the foundation for the build. I'm not really willing to drop that much platinum for a mod. Do any of you guys have a good Tigris build that doesn't have sweeping serration or primed point blank? Thanks in advance!

7 answers to this question

I'm a mastery rank 4 player who just got the Tigris and even with no mods at level 1 it (literally) made mincemeat out of level 17 grineer. However every build I have seen for it so far has sweeping serration as the foundation for the build. I'm not really willing to drop that much platinum for a mod. Do any of you guys have a good Tigris build that doesn't have sweeping serration or primed point blank? Thanks in advance!

Well I've got a sancti Tigris and I have both sweeping serration and Primed Point Blank, but I can tell you the build I'm using without those ^^

Point Blank, Frigid Blast, Hell's Chamber, Incendiary Coat, Chilling Grasp, Contagious Spread, Charged Shell and Blaze! That way it deals radiation and viral status damage

use another elemental mod that feeds your main elemental combo.

If you use Contagious Spread and Charged Shell for corrosive damage, use the slot that you'd use for sweeping serration for shell shock and/or toxic barrage for a straight damage increase.

Seeking Fury is your keystone. Tigris needs a little reload speed to keep firing and a little punch through to make the two round mag work against crowds. Getting both in one slot allows you to stack damage in 7 other slots instead of 6. Also costs fewer mod points than using both specialized mods.

97% of any damage build will depend on three things, base damage mods (serration, point blank, etc...) multishot mods and elemental mods (1 or 2 combos)..  Sweeping Serration is an exception because those who have it got it from an event or paid obscene prices for it.  But and other physical mods like are, are not required for any build.  Mostly because physical damage (IPS, Impact Puncture Slashing) just does not even compare with elemental damage. 

This is because elemental damage when added to a weapon takes your total base damage (IPS combined) and adds it as pure elemental damage, which is why 2 90% elemental mods will always be better than trying to increase the IPS of a weapon, and in some cases is still not better even WITH 120% IPS damage because physical damage provides far less (max 50%) bonuses compared to elemental (max 75%).

In short, don't worry if you don't have those super expensive mods because you aren't missing out on much.  And (as we saw with puncture mods returning with this latest tactical alert), they will return eventually.