The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Newb] Tips/tricks Leveling Frame/weapons + Need Of Clan

Littlecowardgaming

Question

Hey people. I recently got my ash prime and im considering what weapons to fit with the playstyle.... Im considering using my hek, but to get it effective I need to polarize it and level it back to 30 a few times.... But my current method is boringly slow since..... I dont really have a method.. I just came back from a 6 month break, and I feel like a inexperienced noob once again. I really just wish I had a supportive clan or friends to help me out with tips like this when I play the game. 

Any tips on how to effectively level my frame/weapons? I read alot of guides, and thus I see the whole ''draco'' things going on, but I dont really get how it works since people only really want you if you play a trinity, frost etc frames... Non of which im currently leveling. 

Recruitment in the game is useless, so I was hoping to get some advice here on the forum of some friendly clan who'd take me in.... 

Appreciate any advice or help, just looking to have some fun with people.

5 answers to this question

Just run Draco as a public match, don't even bother using recruitment chat. Normally you can find a squad that can easily go 3-4 rounds of draco, 

If you want to level your weapons more effectively, make sure to de-equip all the maxed gear you have on your loadout. They still take 25% (or a bit less) of the xp that you gain while they are equipped, even if they are maxed.

EDIT: If this made no sense, I am sorry, my brain is sort of mush right now.

Edited by PoisonHD

From what I have seen, Draco groups are mainly intended for leveling weapons (when playing a support frame) or getting focus once you have everything leveled (something relating to the second dream quest which I assume you've not done at this point).

The recruiting system is definitely in need of work, hopefully something is planned by DE (I'm intending to post some suggestions for it as well once I get half an hour to mock up some UIs) ...

So to get back to the question, there are two methods I use - depending on who is on.  If there is no-one on that I know would boost me, then I do it solo.

For solo, I would recommend doing one of the earlier dark sector defenses with an aoe weapon (I use the tonkor) - just doing the 5 waves, applying possible mods, and doing it again.  This should get you back up to level 10 quite quickly, at which point Ash's ultimate will allow you to kill more things faster.  I find that most of the time I can get to 10 with 2 or 3 runs, and then I can start doing alerts (which therefore have other people).  I normally then pay attention to the level I'm going into, but ignore that I'm leveling a frame other than that.

If there are other people around, then something like Pluto dark sector defense (or ODD) tends to be quicker - and gives you a chance to talk to people while you're watching the hordes of infested get killed :)

Don't know what region you play in, but I'm in Oceania and I boost random people through a couple of missions most 'evenings' (GMT+13) - happy to give you a hand if we're on at the same time :)  - Rauxon in game too.

So ill be the other side of the fence with this as I myself refuse to play draco.

There is a ton of stuff to do and farm in this game. So as I am doing any of those many things, I bring only that one weapon that I am trying to level. As you play though the game, the weapon will be leveled much faster than if you didnt use it.

You learn about the weapon and its limits, you learn how to survive, and your future clan mates will appreciate your ability to adapt. I wouldnt focus so much on the leveling aspect simply because its going to happen no matter what.

Or, you can join a draco game, stand still and spam powers until you are blue in the face.

From what I have seen, Draco groups are mainly intended for leveling weapons (when playing a support frame) or getting focus once you have everything leveled (something relating to the second dream quest which I assume you've not done at this point).

The recruiting system is definitely in need of work, hopefully something is planned by DE (I'm intending to post some suggestions for it as well once I get half an hour to mock up some UIs) ...

So to get back to the question, there are two methods I use - depending on who is on.  If there is no-one on that I know would boost me, then I do it solo.

For solo, I would recommend doing one of the earlier dark sector defenses with an aoe weapon (I use the tonkor) - just doing the 5 waves, applying possible mods, and doing it again.  This should get you back up to level 10 quite quickly, at which point Ash's ultimate will allow you to kill more things faster.  I find that most of the time I can get to 10 with 2 or 3 runs, and then I can start doing alerts (which therefore have other people).  I normally then pay attention to the level I'm going into, but ignore that I'm leveling a frame other than that.

If there are other people around, then something like Pluto dark sector defense (or ODD) tends to be quicker - and gives you a chance to talk to people while you're watching the hordes of infested get killed :)

Don't know what region you play in, but I'm in Oceania and I boost random people through a couple of missions most 'evenings' (GMT+13) - happy to give you a hand if we're on at the same time :)  - Rauxon in game too.

I'd love to play with you sometime.. I'll be active today and tomorrow... During 18th-22nd i'll be playing the black desert beta. Then i'll be on alot during 22nd-1st march. Im from sweden which I believe is GMT+1. But Im up late, so it depends on when you're on!

Alternatively, Run a Spy mission of a level adequate to your stealth-run skills. Can you make it through a Grineer Spy Vault without getting trapped or seen? That's easy XP for each and every item you bring along. Can be done solo, doesn't require other people being good at what they do...

I personally like to run Lex (Ceres) with one good (relatively high-level) weapon, and the two others are those I want to level. Also works for frames, but Loki and Ivara are my preferred frames for this task, but Nova, Limbo and some others can literally bypass most if not all of the obstacles.

Then again, ANY frame can do it, as long as you avoid the sensors.