Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boltor/akbolto/bolto Nerfed, But Not Kunai/despair. Why?

SnokyoDrift

I think that armor piercing/armor ignore weapons really shouldn't exist at all. It removes the need to aim at heads/weakpoints and because of how armor scales with the level of the enemy, it makes them the clear best weapons when trying to do high level content (at around level 40+ the armor levels of enemies make the boltor's damage superior to other weapons which have up to 50% higher DPS than the boltor on paper).

I think that armor piercing/armor ignore weapons really shouldn't exist at all. It removes the need to aim at heads/weakpoints and because of how armor scales with the level of the enemy, it makes them the clear best weapons when trying to do high level content (at around level 40+ the armor levels of enemies make the boltor's damage superior to other weapons which have up to 50% higher DPS than the boltor on paper).

The problem isn't armor ignoring weapons but that mobs scale both HP and armor to ridiculous levels later on.

And I prefer armor ignoring weapons mostly because you can headshot ancients with them effectively.

Well actually, in the case of ancients their feet don't have any armor at all, so higher DPS weapons without any form of armor ignore/piercing actually do better than lower DPS ones with armor ignore/piercing do. That's another problem though, half the enemies have armor scaling and half of them don't. The entire corpus team has none at all.

Essentially, armor ignoring/piercing weapons should just be better against grineer (and maybe the mechanical corpus units if they ever decide to give them armor) and then regular weapons should be better against fleshy things so that both are viable. Because alternatively if you give everyone armor and remove armor scaling, you could simply calculate if the armor ignore part would be worth more DPS for that fixed amount of armor.

Edited by oneproduct

Yeah, I've reached the same dps as before. I'm sure the Akbolto was nerfed a long time ago and people are just now saying it's nerfed.

That nerf for all akimbo pistol right?

That day my hek get nerf too...I think.(u7.9 R.I.P.)

I'm 90% sure the nerf is in the works... they've acknowledged it in a live-stream haven't they?

They said they would look at it. Nothing definite.

I'm not sure about this bolt weapon nerf. Hopefully it's a glitch and they reverse it soon.

I like how people are calling nerfs for all these "end game" weapons that are much harder to obtain.  Yeah, lets bring them all down to the same level as the 25,000 credit Braton.  That sounds like a great idea!

Maybe you should have used the Burston as oyur example, the Braton is actually pretty good. But I agree with what your saying.

That's not the point. Every weapon should be able to keep up with every other, but should have distinct playstyles and looks.

There are only so many unique guns you can have, provided you're limited by a setting, and even then, I'd expect a rank 7 minigun (supra) to be better than a rank 3 (gorgon) and they still have different playstyles (kinda, gorgon is hitscan, supra has a projectile and can't crit)

That's not the point. Every weapon should be able to keep up with every other, but should have distinct playstyles and looks.

Yeah. I don't expect weapons to be perfectly balanced (it's not easy to make the Braton, Latron, and Ogris all on the same level), but they should have enough power to make them have their niche, and straight upgrades should not exist with the exception of Primes.