The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wiki Rhino Roar? Says Max +142% Power Strenght When Maxed Also Some Questions About Buffing

SoulEaterReaper

Question

Hi so on wiki for maximised roar it says maximum +142% wich is kinda odd that it says multiplier up to 2.5 with 284% power strenght in game.

if it will add a + x0.5 dmg to a weapon that deals 500 dmg thats 500 + 250 = 750 dmg.

with a multiplier of 2.5 it will be 500x2.5  = +1250 dmg to a weapon that deals 500.

now is this wiki info wrong?

Maximized Power Strength increases damage bonus to 142%.

• Increases cost to 116.25 energy.
  • Decreases duration to 21.75 seconds.

also how is buff's applied in game, for example Nova + Banshee, lets say banshee got 10 multiplier and with nova is that then 10 x 2 or 10 + 2?  20 multiplier or 12. kinda big deal. same with rhino roar in this case with banshee.

idk if the term output damage and input damage or saying (increasing weapon damage and saying this unit will take an increased 500% damage) means the same thing? (if so stop confusing ppl x_x)

aswell as almost every game i goto, my tonkor deals 250 000 dmg on red criticals up, but with banshee 11 multiplier it never surpasses 2 million dmg and stays rather on 1.9 mill ish. why is this? (or do i need to do a proper 100% test before you claim this is valid?) or does nobody notice the banshee multiplier isn't really on target all the time.

tried with 14 multiplier once and soma prime, soma prime deals usually the same damage depending where you hit, 788 dmg or 1400 dmg. and i did get 14 000 dmg but wait, its 14 multiplier not 10. where my last 4? its a bit strange and annoying at the same time.

is there annyone else who feels like the buffs dont really deliver what they say?

12 answers to this question

If you stack Mprime and Sonar, you get multiplicative bonus, or x20 damage.

+142% equals to base*2.42

About the Tonkor, the game rarely shows the full damage you've dealt, it simply stops calculating it past certain threshold and all damage is subject to both health type multipliers and armour damage reduction.

Edited by Mofixil

also i do take it, that it might not be + (x) but that it modifies your entire weapon dmg, so if rhino roar is below 1 it will lower your dmg? atleast so the wiki example says. 

• The damage buff grants a multiplicative bonus that's applied to a Warframe's total damage including weapon damage and ability damage (e.g., with a maxed Intensify and a weapon that inflicts 250 total damage, a rank-3 Roar will increase the weapon's total damage to 250 × (1 + 0.5 × 1.3) = 412.5).

so you need a multiplier of x2 before you get +100% dmg i take it?

if (as you said) 2.42 multiplier = 142% dmg

then 1.42 = 42%

0.42 = -42% (eh its actually -68% wrote wrong. it goes the other way around when reducing damage)

or did it change logic when below 100%

10 dmg x 2.42 = 24.2

10 dmg x 1.42 = 14.2

10 dmg x 0.42 = 4.2

also nova + banshee x10 multiplier equals x20 aswell?

and for example

nova x2 dmg

banshee x10 dmg

rhino x2 dmg

so that means tonkor that deals 200k dmg will deal 8 million damage?

Edited by SoulEaterReaper

then 1.42 = 42%

0.42 = -42% (eh its actually -68% wrote wrong. it goes the other way around when reducing damage)

10 dmg x 2.42 = 24.2

10 dmg x 1.42 = 14.2

10 dmg x 0.42 = 4.2

also nova + banshee x10 multiplier equals x20 aswell?

and for example

nova x2 dmg

banshee x10 dmg

rhino x2 dmg

so that means tonkor that deals 200k dmg will deal 8 million damage?

8 million?!

You need to realize that you aren't working on end values, but bonus values. That's what throws your maths off.

Obviously, both claims that Roar gives 150% damage or +50% damage are completely true, but the latter one is easier to work with, as only the +50% part is actually affected by mods.

And yes, most damage buffs from different sources are multiplicative.

then 1.42 = 42%

No it doesn't work like this.

+50% damage means 1.5 multiplier.

+142% damage means 2.42 multiplier.

also wiki has not been updated with the exilus +15% strenght that gives a frame up to 299% strenght.

aswell as just made this real quick. mirage + banshee.  next is banshee + nova to see how that goes.

as the video shows its more like banshee x10 multiplier = tonkor 1.9 to 2.3 mill dmg. and with another x5 dmg wich is 1 million from eclipse. then i got up to 3.2 mill. so it definetely didn't stack with mirage. just 11+5 multiplier. but if its different with nova 10x2 instead of 10+2 then we're gonna see some nice numbers. same with rhino.

Edited by SoulEaterReaper

You can't trust damage numbers anymore, as the game outright refuses to calculate damage in certain scenarios, it caused a small uproar back then when bows with over 100% crit chance suddenly stopped critting against lv1 lancers.

Damage numbers are inconsistent at best, and not true at worst.