Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Music Transitioning.

SnuggleBuckets

The music is awesome and can really pump me up in the game.

But it suffers from the same issue I had in Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, which also had great music, but jarring transitions between music, ambient sounds, or between tracks. The dynamic nature of activating a different track was a bit too forced and mindless, its algorithm didn't take into account human psychology; it should have allowed a particular track to play to its end once it was triggered to start, and not immediately stopping and shifting to the next if the player did something to activate a different environmental trigger for some other track.

For instance, combat music should maybe keep playing for the duration of the track, even though the particular fight could be over in a matter of seconds (usually you find yourself in another fight anyway in a moment, so the force of the music will carry you to the next skirmish and help keep the momentum of the mood up).

Those who have played Shadow of Mordor will know that the awesome Caragor Riding theme ends abruptly the moment you jump off the back of your Caragor or aim with your bow, which sucks, it ruins the mood, the track is great, and Warframe has great tracks which it should just allow to play out and create some terrific atmosphere to the game.

Dead Space and Alien: Isolation had some great buildup, transitioning, fading in and out of its mood tracks and music, hopefully the devs will continue to tweak the system, because I love the music.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the music.  

We do have a very intelligent system that handles music in the game.  It takes a number of factors into account including A.I., game state, time, and a bunch of other factors.  The music will dynamically change based on your actions as perceived by the AI.  Sure, it's not a perfect system, but it should mostly function in a pretty intelligent manner.

If you have a way of reproducing the problems you are hearing, we'd love to take a look at it.  If you could post a youtube video that would greatly assist us.

Thanks.