Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mini-Pc For Warframe

JohnKable

Question

Hello everybody!

my english is pretty basic so i will write it down in the shorter and simpliest form.

Both me and a friend are thinking about building (or buying a pre built) mini-PC to play Warframe on TV.

-It doesnt have to be super-small. But of course the smaller it is the better it is.

-The game must run with decent FPS, full HD, and support medium-high settings (50inches TV)

-it doesnt have to be super-cheap, we dont have a budget but dont wanna waste too much on this.

-if there's already a pre-built setup that can run the game in a decent way would be far more appreciated.

If you have any suggestion or direct experience it would be awesome.

Thanks in advance for your support, hope this is the right section.

P.S. I know theres ps4 that does what we are asking for :) but we already have that, we want to play it on PC for many reasons

5 answers to this question

As mini-pc you probably mean the case size,right?
You can get an High-end build for about 1k if you buy the parts separately(it's not hard to setup... there's multiple tutorials how to) but if you want pre-built it's about 500-800 more with lower specs. (NOTE: I don't recommend buying any pre-built anymore as there's multiple reports of the system not starting due to faulty hardware,because when you return something to be replaced they DO sell it to another person)

Here's an example build that you can check at your local stores for the price.

CPU : Intel Core i5-6400     Quad-core, 2.7GHz     
CPU Cooler   : Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo     
Mobo  : Asus Z170 Pro Gaming     ATX, LGA1151
RAM : 2 x 4GB    DDR4-2133     
HDD  :  Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB     3.5″, 7200RPM     
GPU  :  MSI GeForce GTX 980     4GB     
Case   : Thermaltake VL80001W2Z     ATX Mid tower     
PSU :  Corsair RM 650W Full Modular     ATX, 80+ Gold

Edited by Grobbus

Hello everybody!

my english is pretty basic so i will write it down in the shorter and simpliest form.

Both me and a friend are thinking about building (or buying a pre built) mini-PC to play Warframe on TV.

-It doesnt have to be super-small. But of course the smaller it is the better it is.

-The game must run with decent FPS, full HD, and support medium-high settings (50inches TV)

-it doesnt have to be super-cheap, we dont have a budget but dont wanna waste too much on this.

-if there's already a pre-built setup that can run the game in a decent way would be far more appreciated.

If you have any suggestion or direct experience it would be awesome.

Thanks in advance for your support, hope this is the right section.

P.S. I know theres ps4 that does what we are asking for :) but we already have that, we want to play it on PC for many reasons

Do you want one with Steam Link size?

vHwWPuu.jpgSteam Link size in millimeters.

Edited by -SDM-NerevarCM

I would suggest looking at the Zotac EN970 MAGNUS box. It is compact, powerful enough and great looking. It comes in different flavors as barebone (without ram and hd) or as bundle. A GTX 960 and an i5 is always onboard. The bundle with 120GB SSD and 8GB Ram sets you back 850 usd.

But you need a separate Windows license. 

Just look it up on amazon.com and you will see that people are very happy with this box. A friend of mine owns it and uses it for gaming only. 

I would suggest looking at the Zotac EN970 MAGNUS box. It is compact, powerful enough and great looking. It comes in different flavors as barebone (without ram and hd) or as bundle. A GTX 960 and an i5 is always onboard. The bundle with 120GB SSD and 8GB Ram sets you back 850 usd.

But you need a separate Windows license. 

Just look it up on amazon.com and you will see that people are very happy with this box. A friend of mine owns it and uses it for gaming only. 

This is pretty much what i was looking for. Still open of other suggestions.

The size factor is not totally relevant BUT of course dont want a Giant-tower pc by the side of my TV.  Also i know there are many recent options if you dont need extreme power, and warframe definitely doesnt (running it with a gtx 580m just fine right now)

I would go for a ITX desktop with a Mini GTX 970 4Go (from Gigabyte).

If you're looking for a nice ITX case you should check the Thermaltake Core X1, which is pretty new. (actually the Core X1 can handle regular size 980 if you remove the HDD rack, that you won't need with a SSD).

Also, due to the space and heat issue of an ITX case, I'd definitely buy a watercooling solution for your CPU in 120 mm (or 240mm if placed on top).

For the rest, well you know, i5, SSD, at least 8Go of RAM, 650W Gold.

EDIT : for the Mini ITX motherboard the ASUS Z170I PRO Gaming looks cool for Skylake :)

Also, for something smaller check the Cooler Master cases in Mini ITX.

Edited by matto