The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

CPU and GPU Usage Excessive

The14thPrime

I have started playing Warframe again and I have a gaming Pc with the following

8g R9 390 AMD Graphics Card

32 GB of PNY Ram

8 Core 4.2 Ghz turbo boost processor AMD

My CPU usage is severely over heating my Pc (Does not crash and loading in the fan goes crazy.)

...Runs on 4K

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My laptop is from 2011 with a ssd and same issue 

it has the following

nvs 3100

I5 3rd Gen

8 gb or ram

...Runs on 720p

Same issue (My CPU usage is severely over heating my Pc (Does not crash and loading in the fan goes crazy.))

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I do not have a problem like this in LoL any Transformer Game or any other steam game I have.

Get used to it lol. Warframe is incredibly poorly optimized, and AFAIK it used to be worse.

Not much to be done about it that I'm aware of, at least until the devs finally get around to optimizing what they have along with rebalancing rather than releasing new, pre broken things. They do good work, but their priorities are understandably all over the place.

On 2/23/2016 at 3:50 AM, The14thPrime said:

32 GB of PNY Ram

My CPU usage is severely over heating my Pc (Does not crash and loading in the fan goes crazy.)

...Runs on 4K

it has the following

nvs 3100

I5 3rd Gen

8 gb or ram

...Runs on 720p

Same issue (My CPU usage is severely over heating my Pc (Does not crash and loading in the fan goes crazy.))

I do not have a problem like this in LoL any Transformer Game or any other steam game I have.

I run an overclocked FX 8320 @4.2 Ghz with 1.33v, can't say overheating is an issue for me.

In fact, standing in my liset, my CPU will have so little to do, it will downclock to 1.4Ghz on all cores but the one running the main game thread.

There is only a single instance where the CPU spikes in usage and that is when initially loading Warframe. But the spike last for less than a second, and CPU temps barely fluctuate.

If your temps are running away from you, perhaps your GPU is pushing it's hot air into your case, and your case has poor ventilation? You never specified so i'm guessing. R9 GPU's run hot, and 4K gaming will push it hard. This will be doubly so if you run with out V-sync - but again, i can't say since no info was provided.

On 2/23/2016 at 5:55 AM, BulletsforTeeth said:

Get used to it lol. Warframe is incredibly poorly optimized, and AFAIK it used to be worse.

Not much to be done about it that I'm aware of, at least until the devs finally get around to optimizing what they have along with rebalancing rather than releasing new, pre broken things. They do good work, but their priorities are understandably all over the place.

Warframe is pretty well optimized. The fact you can run it on iGPU's at all speaks to the lengths the team go to to ensure playability in some form. This is in contrast to bigger studio's who don't support iGPU's at all.

The random issues that crop up from time to time are an inevitable side-effect of a game that gets as many updates as Warframe gets. And even then, it's likely just a few rogue scripts... the same can be done in The Witcher 3 (a tremendously optimized game), you can create your own script, put it into the game and watch the frame-rate tumble.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/02/2016 at 9:50 AM, The14thPrime said:

32 GB of PNY Ram

...Runs on 4K

it has the following

nvs 3100

I5 3rd Gen

8 gb or ram

...Runs on 720p

Running @4k res is taxing to a system regardless of make

Warframe will scale across all 8 threads Thus all thread are being used, it still has a slightly heavy single thread element but since the last update it seems to be balanced a little more. 

It seems your perspective is out of whack, Warframe has very low utilization compared to games like crysis or BF4.  You are using a system that likely cost upwards of 2 grand to put together and are likely using stock heatsink?

you've got two options to alleviate this.  Turn settings down or buy a new cooler. 

this isn't a game problem.