Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pos and Cons of Focus affinity farming, and how it could be made better

MauVasconcellos

Hello, DEVs. Good evening.

So we have this new Focus 2.0 system, which uses the randomly generated orbs around the map.
I have a few issues to address here, mostly detailing a few minor inconveniences about how this system works, and how it could be made better:

1) When farming on Ceres with, say Loki or Ivar for example, I have managed to gather numbers around 3k and 4k during the period each orb timer was running. By doing that 3 times during the course of the mission, in THEORY I was supposed to have at least 12k focus points at the end, correct? Not even counting the targets killed while the orb timer is not on, detail. But its not what happens. as I always get 20% less (sometimes more), with a total of 9, 10k if I´m lucky. How unfair is that? Is there something wrong with this Orb Focus math?

2) The orb appears farther and farther from the player, each time it comes out. While this is deeply connected to my next critic below (3 = Not enough time to farm per orb), we barely have enough time to properly kill the remnant enemies along the way, until we can make it all the way accross, lets say 2 or 3 whole rooms. And "ooooh" poor you, if end up wasting your chance and it disappears, now the said orb shall only come again maybe at the END of the level. Please make it so it can appear more than ONCE in each cleared room (doesn´t even have to be a white cleared room, it could even be a full red one as well, just make the orb spawn closer).

3) Yeah, not enough time per orb spawned. And by timer I mean: a) time for you to run all the way there and grab it, or b) 40 seconds to have it on. Focus farming takes time and planning. For those who are being stealthy, its even worse, because you need to plan your attacks, wait for the best opportunity, attack from behind or even sometimes baiting and gathering a group of enemies togheter, before effectively killing them for 20% less Focus than what´s being promissed (see topic 1). Its a lot of work, for said time. My solution would be to extend the spawned orb time to 2 or 3 minutes instead of 1, and come up with a new MOD or Sentinel that allows you to extend the equipped focus timer duration, going from 40s to 1 or 2 minutes.

4) How IS a Focus Orb spawn triggered, anyways? I´ve had missions where I´ve had to kill 10+ enemies for it to show, while others I barely touched 1 soldier, and it was right there standing next to me. Please try to set a fixed triggering point for everybody, because if not, there is no way for us players to plan ahead and foresee what our next move is.

Thank you very much, and keep up the good work. Warframe is my favourite game at the moment, and I hope these ideas helped.