The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Covert lethality

fnogthedwarf

Only way that would be acceptable to me is if they remove the instant stealth kill for dual daggers. Why? Because dual daggers aren't exactly stealth weapons, and gnashing payara has a hit where you deal 575% damage with two strikes. Oh yeah, not only that, but the other comboes also have glorious damage multipliers. Not allowing daggers to instant stealth kill with covert lethality will allow players to choose between a weapon for killing single, very high level enemies. Or killing many enemies without as fast as a kill on single enemies. 

Edited by sappinmahsentry

3 hours ago, sappinmahsentry said:

Only way that would be acceptable to me is if they remove the instant stealth kill for dual daggers. Why? Because dual daggers aren't exactly stealth weapons, and gnashing payara has a hit where you deal 575% damage with two strikes. Oh yeah, not only that, but the other comboes also have glorious damage multipliers. Not allowing daggers to instant stealth kill with covert lethality will allow players to choose between a weapon for killing single, very high level enemies. Or killing many enemies without as fast as a kill on single enemies. 

At that point you've removed the point of Covert Lethality and just buffed the base damage of the dual daggers.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's not something that needs to exist on the CL mod itself.

In fact, I'd suggest removing the +base damage from CL entirely and applying it to all daggers and dual daggers. They could use the love, and it'd free up the heavy mod drain from CL in situations where you're definitely not going to be able to use the actual covertly lethal part.

Maybe reduce the drain of CL as well as shifting the base damage, making it strictly a cheap-ish utility mod you slot to make Finishers finish things. It's practically a mandatory mod on daggers as it stands.