The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Huge Fps Drops When Standing In Torid Clouds

Namacyst

For some reason, I seem to get framerate drops from Torid clouds only when I look at them while aiming. The moment I stop holding down right click, my framerate goes back up.

Edited by JustJesse

Huge FPS drops when standing in Torid clouds or running through them. Please optimize.

Hi Namacyst, we have been able to reproduce this issue on our end and it is currently being addressed. We hope to have a fix for it in a future update. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Hi Namacyst, we have been able to reproduce this issue on our end and it is currently being addressed. We hope to have a fix for it in a future update. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

On a related note, I think this is also related to the FPS drop I get when casting Ash's Smoke Screen? Standing in the smoke cloud, I get a very noticeable slowdown. When moving out of the smoke FPS returns to normal. Running the game in DX9 mode helps a bit but it's still there.

I'd been getting this same issue myself, but I'd always assumed it was just particle effects.  For some reason my computer never seems to agree with those, so you can imagine the rage I go through when I play a game and something like smoke or mist pops up and messes with my framerate.

On a related note, I think this is also related to the FPS drop I get when casting Ash's Smoke Screen? Standing in the smoke cloud, I get a very noticeable slowdown. When moving out of the smoke FPS returns to normal. Running the game in DX9 mode helps a bit but it's still there.

There appears to be a significant drop in performance when using Ash's smoke screen as well. We will definitely be looking into this.

• 2 weeks later...

I just dropped in here to say thanks for the Torid clouds and Ash Smoke Screen optimizations, I longer get FPS drops.

However I really wish the Ash semi-transparent model when in Smoke Screen can also be seen if I turn DOF/Motion Blur off. I really can't stand playing with DOF/Motion Blur.