Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will this game be on Steam?

HUmar

one thing id say is adding to steam can only be a good thing.... as it makes it much easier to get an extra thousand of players who all have a credit card linked to there steam account, just look at SOE and there F2P games on steam and how they handle transations (using the steam wallet) it works fantastic and makes more people spend since they trust valve and the steam platform

hell add some steam achievements with a few unlocking hats in TF2 for instant super fanbase install

this is for when its outs of open beta of course

Edited by STARSBarry

one thing id say is adding to steam can only be a good thing.... as it makes it much easier to get an extra thousand of players who all have a credit card linked to there steam account, just look at SOE and there F2P games on steam and how they handle transations (using the steam wallet) it works fantastic and makes more people spend since they trust valve and the steam platform

hell add some steam achievements with a few unlocking hats in TF2 for instant super fanbase install

this is for when its outs of open beta of course

Agreed 100%

do NOT put this on steam. The money suckers are sitting on money ond not making their system work better.

Steam is about game protection for the developers, fine if it works right but my own experience has been negative.

Those with high speed are lucky but are not aware of the issues like I found. 56k here. of course it sux with todays high speed stuff.

Warframe's downloader is FAR superior than steams, Steam should take a lesson from it.

Which .exe did you add? It doesn't seem to work for me.

I only had one Warframe.exe to add. I click on the "Games" button above the Library and "Add a non-steam game to...-"

do NOT put this on steam. The money suckers are sitting on money ond not making their system work better.

Steam is about game protection for the developers, fine if it works right but my own experience has been negative.

Those with high speed are lucky but are not aware of the issues like I found. 56k here. of course it sux with todays high speed stuff.

Warframe's downloader is FAR superior than steams, Steam should take a lesson from it.

The downloader wouldn't change, You'd press "Play" in the library and the default Warframe Launcher would start.

And 56k? Wow there has to be a story behind that. Haven't heard of anyone being on 56k for almost 10 years.

But as you said, I with my 100 mbits haven't a nary a clue about using steam with a 56k. But I fail to see why DE or Valve should cater to you with your 56k and not the rest of us with our broadband that is the standard.

Edited by LordTomS

It doesn't necessarily have to be dependant on steam, you know. There are lots of online games on steam that you download through steam yet still use their launcher to update them and whatnot just like LordTomS said. Not to mention these games I'm talking about can still be downloaded normally from their own official website without the need for steam.

Having this game on steam would be just convenient in the sense of being able to use the layout and the community side of things, and it's really good publicity for the game as you very vaguely implied, lots of potential customers. I really have no idea how can you even play this game {or any other online game} with 56k connection unless you only play solo, it must be especially laggy for any others that join your game.

Off-topic: 56k though, wow that's nostalgic. Does it have that extremely annoying, screeching "rooster getting violated" kind of

when you're connecting? If so, I feel for you dude... Edited by CapricaSix

Wow didn't realize 56k was still around... That takes me back to the days when I had to deal with AOL... I think its time for an upgrade.

Edited by MEsoJD

I get around 3Mb/s, I download significantly faster from Steam's servers, no offense devs.

I think this would be a nice addition to Steam. I dunno how it rolls down to business mechanics and what they charge, but it definitely would jack up the player base.

I also have no clue what you're going on about. "Money suckers"?

Are you really criticizing someone for making money? Steam works just fine for me, I have absolutely no complaints at all, except TF2's gratuitous amount of cache verification.

(and the fact they got rid of my /me >:C)

For the record, it requires payment to get a game greenlit. Anyone can check under the community page, but not everyone can actually put it on the platform. It would have to be someone either working in DE or with the express permission from DE to do so. I would offer to do so out of my own pocket, but I think it would be much better for someone that works in the company to do so if anything. Not to mention the fact I don't have enough money to be able to shell out that much for something related to a video game.

That's what I've noticed, now that we have the facts on the table maybe things will get a little further here.

• 1 month later...

Thanks to lacroux, apparently there's a way to make the steam layout work with warframe, just wanted to share with anyone who might be interested - even though the game will be on steam soon enough.

Basically you just untick the "Enable 64-Bit Mode" option in the launcher's settings, the little gear icon on right top, and steam starts working properly while you're ingame.

I hope to see the game on steam and full steam suport , because ATM even if i want to use my steam interface i cant the .exe of this game isnt compatible with the steam overlay

Hey Stew, you need to add the "Launcher.exe" and do as I said, not the other stuff. I wasn't able to use it either until now even when I had the Launcher.exe added, its all about the 64bit support thingy apparently.

This WILL be on Steam. The Devs said that the game will be available on steam soon. For those against steam, the game will also be available on the warframe website without requiring any steam credentials or anything.

I wouldnt ever discover this game if TotalBiscuit didnt make a video about it

same i only heard about it becuase he found it lol but maybe we could post a thread on steam and if the devs look at this wich they probibly will becuase there awsome thx again for the darkness games.. then maybe they might try it out who knows. our real test here is time and if we dont do anything to spread the word about the game then time will end us but if we spread the word then it could be fire fall beta big all over agian i was in there private beta and after about 5 weeks we had about 400k of players and our commun got huge!!! so maybe if we spread the word through u tube if you record face book and just about when and where you can... then it could help the game to both the devs and possibly if we get in... valve and warframe devs could get THE MONEY!!!!!!!!! muhahahahaha lol.

same i only heard about it becuase he found it lol but maybe we could post a thread on steam and if the devs look at this wich they probibly will becuase there awsome thx again for the darkness games.. then maybe they might try it out who knows. our real test here is time and if we dont do anything to spread the word about the game then time will end us but if we spread the word then it could be fire fall beta big all over agian i was in there private beta and after about 5 weeks we had about 400k of players and our commun got huge!!! so maybe if we spread the word through u tube if you record face book and just about when and where you can... then it could help the game to both the devs and possibly if we get in... valve and warframe devs could get THE MONEY!!!!!!!!! muhahahahaha lol.

and also maybe ads.