Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Design Council Changes

Agret

Design Council has already some screenshots. It's around the corner.

I just had a quick look and it seems you need to pay $100 to access the design council dev blogs =(

Apparently not even the $50 (price of a AAA title) option is enough, shame really as I'd like to see some progress posts.

Perhaps the developers should add a new forum for people in the closed beta so we can see what changes are coming.

This is opposed to design council where it is discussed and voted on, once the design is reached it should just be posted in closed beta area as well as screenshots of things that are confirmed like the new tilesets to keep testers interested in the game and keep them around to test the new changes.

Nah I don't want to vote what gets added but still want to know what is coming in next version.

Sell out the money, that's why I shelled it out, to get to see what new stuff is coming

I would think you "shelled out" to support the game and the developers and get in-game currency to use within the game to avoid grinding + get a discount on the currency for buying early/in bulk which means you can get pretty much everything in the store (the biggest reason to pay now).

Upcoming feature focus are standard in every game and get sites posting about games and keep the community interested, hiding them behind a pay wall is terrible for the developers and the players as it means there is less focus on the title. As I wrote in the OP i'm not trying to vote on what's getting added or see concept stuff I just want to know what is expected for new version (stuff which has already been confirmed in the private forum / screenshots of things that are near completion / results of your voting).

If you would like an example of another indie title that has awesome articles about upcoming features as well as pay wall development stuff have a look at interstellar marines, they write really good articles about things they have been working on and show screenshots/videos/live demos but also build a number of prototypes that are limited to donators for a period of time before going public, a similar approach could be taken here where concept stuff is shown on the founder forum, people vote on it for 2 weeks or whatever and the winning result is then posted to a beta players forum. This way you still get a bunch of exclusive content and first look and we are still updated on progress.

Edited by Agret

You are over estimating the scope of the Design Council by a lot. We saw some screenshots, we didn't get to decide what the next set is, we don't have access to "unreleased levels" and we don't play with a game you can't play with. Design Council is a risk, at best, for DE - it's customers getting previews which consitute "promises", which consitute expectancy.

While I agree that a roadmap, better patchnotes and more lined out future prospects would be cool, Design Council does not have any of that, other than a few teasers and a handfull polls that are very generalistic right meow.

You are not missing out. It's nothing but a little pat on the back for those who threw a huge chunk of money at DE.

xD I love it when people get all high and might over a typo

But again, pay the money if you want it

The fact is, you know what is added when it is added or even slightly earlier, all we get is some of upcoming large changes, we do not get a sneak preview on everything anyway, so just wait until it comes it, and with how frequent DE releases big patches it's never very long to wait anyway

I didn't even notice your typo until just then and I guess I did overestimate the scope of the design council since the high cost and the description makes it sound like you will have an integral part of the game design. Would still like to see some upcoming patch notes but not a huge deal during closed beta I guess, I imagine we will get more updates during open beta when they want the PR.

I have already spent $50 on the game. I wish All the platinum you spent added up so that once you have spent $100 you get that badge. I wonder if a dev could respond as to this being a possibility? I most likely will continue to buy platinum but I can't do $100 in a single transaction.

You buy the 20 pack, then upgrade for $30 and then upgrade for $50 to reach the $100.