Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give The Option To Reverse Terminal Hacking Controls.

DarkMark

I made a thread saying the same thing a while back in the UI section.

By no means is this a game breaker or important. It is just one of those things that is constantly a tiny annoyance. I can feel every time that I am fighting my intuition.

And seems to require a very limited amount of man hours to implement as an option.

Well your thinking is all wrong here.You can't rotate something left or right; those are linear directions. If you have to mentally assign the buttons to a direction a side is moving, assign them to the bottom instead.

I have actually rotated them the wrong way on several occasions, but that may just be the aforementioned problem of using linear controls for a rotational command.

I'm hoping they'll make an option for this soon.

Or, at least, when they introduce the Corpus/Infested Cipher, since they're revisiting the hacking at that point anyway. Every single console you hack says "Grineer Cipher". It's fairly sensible to expect we'll have other types as well.

This may seem like a minor thing to some, but to others it can be very frustrating. To me, for example, scrolling through powers with default setting (Scroll mouse wheel up = left. Scroll down = right) was a real pain. Luckily there is an option in the settings menu to customize this, so I simply inverted the default setting.

Again, it may seem like a simple gripe, but to some players it can make a world of difference.

counter-clockwise*

It's quite acceptable to say anticlockwise, at least in commonwealth English. (reminder: it's a global game)

I've gotten pretty well used to the counter intuitive rotation settings. Hacking, for me, is now mostly fast and easy. I do feel like I'd get faster if I had this option, though.

Even if not, I'm sure there's other new players who have similar difficulties, and still would like to see it implemented.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...