The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nooby question about Valkyr

Bubamaramen

Question

Hi! Total noob here.

I just got a second frame in-game, have been playing for a week. Unfortunately, i picked Valkyr, and now I'm totaly confused about what to do with her. I don't have a lot of golden mods, what do i put on her? Also, that 600 armor doesn't look very good after i saw lvl 1 Grineer raping my health in seconds. I am familiar with Hysteria and what it does, but can Valkyr survive without it? And can she do it while focused on melee. I don't want to keep her back using a sniper, I want to charge in a blob and do something.

Also what good melee weapons can i craft for her, I'm mastery lvl 3.

Thx.

3 answers to this question

That 600 armour equates to 66.67% of all damage taken being ignored if dealt to health, this may be a dumb question, but are you using a Vitality mod?

Valkyr's amazing at melee combat, even without Hysteria, but you're going to want Vitality and Steel Fiber on her (SF maxed will mean that she ignores 80.77% of all damage taken) for the best results, and save Hysteria for when you need to heal or revive a teammates.

It won't be easy, but try to do Dark Sector Survivals for the Life Strike mod, which will let you heal with a melee weapon without Hysteria, and smashing containers in the Void for Rage, which will convert damage taken into energy, once you have both of those mods Valkyr's easily the most self-sufficient frame, and can easily dive in to a large group of enemies.

I play a LOT of Valkyr. She's definitely in my top 3 favorites.

In my experience it is helpful to use mods that suit doing more gunplay/melee combat than skill casting. I use Continuity and similar mods to get the best time from her 4 and Streamline to cheapen the cost of her 2 and her 4 both but ultimately her talent is being really stubborn to kill.

With your 4 active there isn't a whole lot that can kill you. Your worry is whether YOU can kill THEM. Beating on an enemy for more than ten seconds is a  bit of a time waster, regardless of her virtual invulnerability.

I've adopted this general mindset whenever I casually take Valkyr out for a spin and I find myself enjoying playing a Frame where I'm definitely worried more about the weapons I take into the fight than the Warframe.

This isn't relevant to you right now (I know, sorry), considering you're just starting out, but for future reference, if you want to have fun, Hysteria is affected by melee speed mods like Fury and Berserker. I just figured, if you want to keep her in the long term, frantically clawing at everything with Berserker boosts is just endlessly enjoyable.

Anyway. Back to right now. There are a lot of differing opinions about Hysteria!Valk, considering you can in fact, with enough efficiency and duration mods, press 4 to win (invincibility, man, invincibility), but that's not exactly the most varied thing out there. All her abilities synergise. Warcry, melee hoards of enemies, Rip Line out if it gets too serious, use Paralysis when you can afford the shield loss, etc., etc. You don't, like, physically need Hysteria, but it's good literally amazing in a pinch, and for someone (relatively) new you can certainly rely on it (this is what got me through hours of T4 Survival back when I had no other survivable frames). Generally. Except when Nullifiers. Nullifiers are awful.

Uhm. Patience and practice makes perfect, Tenno? She's definitely worth the time investment, and your health won't be raped by lvl 1 Grineer forever.