The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

T4S Hysteria Weapon build help?

Wavytron

Question

Hey guys, title pretty much sums it up.  I asked my clan but everyone is conflicted lol.  
I'm trying to build my weapon for hysteria to last 1-2 hours in survival.  
Another question, I should never really be leaving hysteria to do damage right?

10 answers to this question

if you're solely using hysteria. it doesn't matter which weapon. all that matters are the mods on the weapon.

keep in mind hysteria does not benefit from weapon augment mods like justice blades, bright purity, body count, blood rush, and covert lethality will not work.

for a more in depth knowledge of the ability, try using the warframe wiki

Edited by RIOT

1 minute ago, RIOT said:

if you're solely using hysteria. it doesn't matter which weapon. all that matters is the mods on it.

keep in mind hysteria does not benefit from weapon specific mod (justice blades, bright purity) also body count and blood rush will not work.

ah okay, so the type of damage the weapon deals itself, for example war does impact, does not matter? Nothing about the weapon at all?

Reach or Primed reach for nullifier bubble popping

Organ Shatter

True Steel

x2 elemental mods

Berserker

Pressure Point

Final mod of your choice - ex. more elemental damage, spoiled strike, killing blow, fury

Edited by Saraphic

1 minute ago, Wavytron said:

ah okay, so the type of damage the weapon deals itself, for example war does impact, does not matter? Nothing about the weapon at all?

This is correct. The weapon itself doesn't matter. The mods still do though.

Since I "main" Valkyr, here's what I currently use on my weapon:

• Shocking Touch and Fever Strike - to enable Corrosive procs and for extra damage. You can use the versions with less damage and additional status if you want. 
  • (Primed or not) Reach - Reach is Necessary to help deal with Nullifiers as you'll be at a bit safer range to melee the shields down without accidentally losing hysteria.
  • Fury and Berserker - Attack Speed
  • Organ Shatter and True Steel - Crit chance to enable easier Berserker Procs for more attack speed. Crit damage for just more damage.
  • Shattering Impact - I use this instead of the Element/Status Mods. It removes some base armor per hit, which when you get berserker ramped up, you can start hitting quite fast. Also, ground finishers hit several times

Valkyr herself should be modded for Power Strength, Efficiency and Narrow Minded as well as Eternal War Hysteria should be your survivability, so you don't need anything like Vitality or Steel Fiber You'd also want (Primed or not) Flow, for maximum energy pool. This is to maximize Warcry's Attack Speed boost, Hysteria's Damage and the amount of time you can Keep Hysteria up. Using this setup, I've had no issues running over an hour in any survival. 

As a bonus tip for ya, Hysteria's Charge attacks open enemies up to Finishers, which also subsequently knock them down allowing for ground finishers immediately after. This is a good means of bursting down heavy units or Eximus units (the only things you'll likely ever have to charge attack until over 2 hours in)

Any further questions, feel free to ask :)

9 minutes ago, Saraphic said:

Reach or Primed reach for nullifier bubble popping

Organ Shatter

True Steel

x2 elemental mods

Berserker

Pressure Point

Final mod of your choice - ex. more elemental damage, spoiled strike, killing blow, fury

berserker works in hysteria?

7 minutes ago, Wavytron said:

Is warcry necessary? Can I just turn off hysteria then pop it back on?

You can still cast Warcry in Hysteria.  No need to turn it off. I also recommend "Eternal War" 

Edited by Saraphic