Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara Artemis bow modding

Saraphic

Question

7 answers to this question

I use my Paris prime as weapon of choice when using artemis bow, I run pure puncture damage with fire rate mods and shred for the extra bit of punch through 

using fire rate allows you to do a charge shot much quicker allowing you to kill the weaker enemies a lot quicker and in high numbers

Edited by (PS4)tknowles

Since you can't see the stats (other than damage/arrow based on power strength) I just mod whatever weapon I'm using how I want it and let the Artemis bow just take any bonus from the mods I end up using.

I usually use Rakta Cernos, so it's all damage, multishot, crit, and elemental against whichever faction. You may want fire rate mods to get a horizontal fan shot faster (still think it should start there and narrow to a powerful single shot instead), but I think the charge time is still manageable without it.

I'm not an expert when it comes to Ivara, but I have played her a fair bit recently.

So far, from what I can tell, you want to just focus on raw damage and fire rate. Crit mods also do affect this weapon, I haven't confirmed if Argon Scope and Bladed rounds do as of yet, but it doesn't seem like it. The rest definitely do. If they actually do, They could be an option to replace elemental mods.

For mods, I recommend these:

• Serration, Heavy Caliber, Elemental x2 - For Damage, Elementals fill the space after the remaining mods and Serration +HC. HC doesn't seem to noticeably impact it at all, since the skill appears to fire in a fixed cone.
  • Shred - Fire rate, Artemis Bow doesn't have innate punchthrough, this allows for multi-targets hit when you charge or not.
  • Speed Trigger - Insane boost to charge rate.
  • Point Strike and Vital Sense - To maximize crit and damage potential for crit.

Despite Split Chamber being a good boost of damage to a Primary weapon in general, it doesn't appear to have an effect on Artemis Bow. So, I leave it out in favor of Heavy Caliber, for the better damage. As a side note, though it has no real noteworthy damage Thunderbolt can also be proc'd if you have a Bow as your Primary and use it. Does add a small overlapping AoE, but it's damage doesn't scale with mods, so it's pretty low.

So far, that's what I've used when messing around with the Artemis Bow route. Though I've found other builds to be more fun personally.

14 minutes ago, Ruby_Rose_ said:

For mods, I recommend these:

• Serration, Heavy Caliber, Elemental x2 - For Damage, Elementals fill the space after the remaining mods and Serration +HC. HC doesn't seem to noticeably impact it at all, since the skill appears to fire in a fixed cone.
  • Shred - Fire rate, Artemis Bow doesn't have innate punchthrough, this allows for multi-targets hit when you charge or not.
  • Speed Trigger - Insane boost to charge rate.
  • Point Strike and Vital Sense - To maximize crit and damage potential for crit.

Despite Split Chamber being a good boost of damage to a Primary weapon in general, it doesn't appear to have an effect on Artemis Bow. So, I leave it out in favor of Heavy Caliber, for the better damage. As a side note, though it has no real noteworthy damage Thunderbolt can also be proc'd if you have a Bow as your Primary and use it. Does add a small overlapping AoE, but it's damage doesn't scale with mods, so it's pretty low.

So far, that's what I've used when messing around with the Artemis Bow route. Though I've found other builds to be more fun personally.

Just Like Every Bow in the game when Fully Charged, Each arrow has innate punch through which is further enhanced with punch through mods.
Heavy Caliber Affects Artemis bow since it's a Physical Damage mod. Damage, like you said, isn't Noticeable in Alt Fire since it spreads like a fan
Split Chamber on Artemis Bow only increases Multi-shot from 7 to about 13 arrows, which in terms means more CC when using Alt Fire

That's about it. Though, I would Replace Speed Trigger with Vile Acceleration since it offers 30% (x2) more Fire rate. The reduced damage is literally hardly noticeable since it's only -15%.

1 minute ago, (PS4)sanemane213 said:

Just Like Every Bow in the game when Fully Charged, Each arrow has innate punch through which is further enhanced with punch through mods.
Heavy Caliber Affects Artemis bow since it's a Physical Damage mod. Damage, like you said, isn't Noticeable in Alt Fire since it spreads like a fan
Split Chamber on Artemis Bow only increases Multi-shot from 7 to about 13 arrows, which in terms means more CC when using Alt Fire

That's about it. Though, I would Replace Speed Trigger with Vile Acceleration since it offers 30% (x2) more Fire rate. The reduced damage is literally hardly noticeable since it's only -15%.

Huh, I've honestly never see it punchthough without that mod.

You don't need that much extra speed. Since AB doesn't gain damage on charge, it result in a pure damage loss. It might work for regular bows to an extent, but not Artemis Bow.

On HC, I know it gets the damage increase, I just forgot if it suffered from the accuracy penalty.

I haven't seen any noticeable effect with Split Chamber, it might be how it's displayed but it doesn't seem to really help damage too much. AoE maybe, but i haven't messed with it enough.

Ivara's Artemis Bow escales off Puncture damage. Getting Piercing Caliber with any Puncture based weapon increases it's damage by a ton. For bows use Paris Prime with Piercing Caliber and it will increase it. So yeah, for Ivara you need to main mostly Puncture primaries to increase Artemis Bow, if you aren't going to use, then you can use whatever you want. Though the reason why I said to use Puncture main primaries is so Piercing Caliber won't be useless on said primary.

You can get Heavy Caliber cause Artemis Bow doesn't lose any of its accuracy, then you have Split Chamber that can help a ton. Get an element combo on them depending on the faction, Serration and Point Strike. Then probably Vile Acceleration or Speed Trigger, depending what you want.

10 minutes ago, Ruby_Rose_ said:

Huh, I've honestly never see it punchthough without that mod.

You don't need that much extra speed. Since AB doesn't gain damage on charge, it result in a pure damage loss. It might work for regular bows to an extent, but not Artemis Bow.

On HC, I know it gets the damage increase, I just forgot if it suffered from the accuracy penalty.

I haven't seen any noticeable effect with Split Chamber, it might be how it's displayed but it doesn't seem to really help damage too much. AoE maybe, but i haven't messed with it enough.

I can understand that, i just like it better than speed Trigger. Nothing more than a personal preference.
Artemis Bow has innate 100% Accuracy, so the Fall off HC gives won't affect the arrows in the slightest, so it's 100% safe to use....
Aaaand, like i said before, SC just increases Multi-shot. It's honestly only needed when using alt fire to clear crowds more efficiently.

In a latter sense, the normal fire is the best against single, up-right targets, as the normal shot has an increased chance for Headshots, and all your arrows will be able to hit when in mid to close range, getting the most out of your damage.

Edited by (PS4)sanemane213
Edited for Editing's Sake D:<