Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bursa missions are ridiculous

FierceRadiance

2 hours ago, stuart69427 said:

As a fairly new player without all the weapons/ frames to deal with these I think the rate at which these spawn and the amount on the field at the same time is a bit much. I just had 7 of these on a solo exterminate alert at level ~15. I don't even think the alarm was triggered when the first one spawned. I don't typically let it remain on for 45 seconds so I have never had them spawn on me before. Having to deal with so many at once on your first encounter is a bit much and pretty frustrating when your trying to figure out their mechanics. I get why there in the game and don't see them as a problem but fixing the way in which they spawn does seem to need to be fixed.

This here is a problem. And what is the funniest thing the quality varies a-lot. I'm not a game developer and I don't have sufficient knowledge about AI but I say it's too random. Sometimes you can literally toy with them. And sometimes it's like a nightmare to fight them. Eg. If you equip a coolant leak and radiation damge to your sentinel and go to close proximity and surprise a bursa with his pants down without singleshot über weapon you get this (a lvl 64 bursa I fought on lvl 30 exterminate).

dl8QJ6s.gif
http://i.imgur.com/dl8QJ6s.gifv

And what I find funny, I see people writing how easy they are making fun of people who sometimes struggle with them. I consider myself pretty good bursa killer cause I can deal them without CC (crowd control) and I don't need an über CC frame to get a high level bursa down (valkyr hysteria, Rhino - Iron skin, Loki - invisible, Ash - Blade storm, Frost - Freeze & Avalanche, Mag - pull & shield polarize, Ember - accelerant stun, Ivara - sleep, Nekros - Terrify, Mirage - Blind and so on).

But that is true that they have some problems: sometimes I get this single lvl 1 bursa who is completely ADHD and you wear maxed hand spring and maxed constitution you find yourself lying on the ground constantly for long periods of time and dragged along the floor. Sometimes I fight a lvl 80 bursa in a prolonged fight without being on the ground a single time. The quality of the bursa behavior (or AI?) varies a-lot over the missions.

If you cannot see this you haven't played enough corpus missions. I've been farming yellow pigments from ospreys to our clan and I can say that Bursas are easy to deal with, but I can also see clearly that they have problems. I have no idea how to convoy these thoughts to everyone.

Edited by carnaga

To start off with, I'm clearly aware that there is quite a bit of salt being thrown around after I read through this thread.

Secondly, Carnaga, I applaud your Bursa killing skill, because it definitely helped me.

Next, I think that having to use any particular frame for a job isn't right. For example, I like playing Chroma (Electric normally (cuz thorns), Sometimes Ice, and Fire for Nightmare), a tanky warframe. As Chroma, I end up reviving alot of other people playing tanky warframes as they forgot that they were not invincible (Ex: Rhino's Iron Skin and Valkyr's Hysteria). However, when it comes to Bursas, I have had some pretty bad experiences.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I have experienced:

• Immunity to punch through (shoot a bow at one and it should go through its metal shields and hit it)
  • Immunity or seemingly so from splash damage if you shoot it from the front (Look at WWII tanks, I mean come on physics)
  • Incredibly spammy knock down proc (perhaps this is my bad luck and I've only seen Bursas spam their AOE)
  • Can spawn another when it is dead (if the body hasn't disappeared)
  • Can spawn with alarms off if the alarms have been triggered at all
  • Can spawn immediately after alarms have been triggered. (If they have already been triggered before)
  • One of the bursas can trigger the alarms which then causes more to spawn faster
  • Can spawn after all kills have been done in an exterminate
  • Takes reduced damage from headshots (either 10% or 20%) unlike anything else in the game 
  • Can spawn too close to the player for someone to react (I've had one spawn right behind me before)
  • No level cap
  • Can spawn on any planet (thus giving new players a horrible day)

Again, please correct me if I've misunderstood any of this from my gameplay.

Some positive things I've noted however:

• They are enjoyable to fight in wide open areas
  • The Drover ones are interesting to fight if they are alone as they are one of the few fast strafing enemies
  • Highly encourages melee blocking
  • Pretty funny when they die due to my "thorns" proc'ing on them

Some things I think could help improve their contribution to the fun in this game:

• Either greatly reduce how often they use their AoE or reduce its radius
  • Reduce their burst damage (as noted below)
  • FIX knockdown: Handspring and etc. seem to only occasionally work, only for you to get knockdown again (Band-aid Fix: give temporary immunity from knockdown after being knockdown)
  • Put a limit to how many can spawn at once and:
    • how many can spawn for the mission OR
    • the level that they can reach for the mission
  • Reduce the potency of some of there abilities
    • For Isolator Bursa:
      • Recolor their nullifier bubbles as they do not act the same as the Nullifier Crewmen's bubbles
      • Choreograph the launch of these bubbles as they can currently shoot them instantly from point blank OR
      • Make them weaken abilities instead of nullifying them (Ex: Vex Armor provides less armor and depletes faster or Iron Skin has less armor)
      • The harpoon is rarely used currently, but it should be either given to a new unit or choreographed appropriately as the isolator has too many things it can do
    • For Denial:
      • Make the lockdown ability have an animation that can be interrupted and is noticeable in the middle of combat
      • Reduce the burst damage of the missile attack (I've seen people instantly downed from full health)
    • For Drover:
      • Reduce the burst damage of its attacks (Again I've seen people instantly downed from full health)
        • Remove either the grenade launcher as the grenades are difficult to notice in a room with bright flashes of light and explosions everywhere.
      • Make the sapping effect either do less (like 1/2 or 1/3) damage (as they pretty much are a non-flying straight upgrade to Sapping Ospreys) OR
      • Make the sapping effect do friendly fire (cuz logic)
        • Both of these solutions would require the pulse to be recolored

TL;DR

• Bursas can do too many different things in comparison to the rest of the Corpus units
  • Seriously, I put some thought into this, please pay some respect and read it. I would prefer constructive criticism opposed to Ad Hominen and illogical attacks
  • I'm starting a thread for how we can improve bursas