Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bursa missions are ridiculous

FierceRadiance

3 hours ago, Cidolfus said:

Read my latest post. I didn't treat them like cannon fodder, and again you have to remember there are more than just veterans out there having to fight these things.

Define "veteran"...?

Like: people who multi-forma'd their equipment and still think that running and gunning is the answer

Or: people who learn to adapt to certain situations and actually think about how to go about certain situations (note, it doesn't take a mr21 player to do that)

This is the classic thread of someone complaining about an enemy, someone else comes along and gives some hard truth and sets the bar of expectations higher to encourage the OP to continue getting better as a player instead of staying stagnant in the mindset of "I'm already good enough", and then people bashing the person who gave the hard truth.  And this thread happens to be disguised as something about bursas.

DE has been constantly trying to find ways to challenge their players instead of just having a mindless run and gun game, they dish out challenging enemies and edit some spawn rates, and the players who demanded to have these exact things complain about it.  Want to know how to beat the situations you all ask for?  Learn to adapt.

Don't think for a second that having a multi-forma'd anything is the answer to all your problems and that you're the best because of it.  DE is slowly teaching their community how to incorporate critical thinking, deduction, and analyzing skills to a game that has been stale with the same mindless gameplay for three years, and the community just complains about it all.  The main reason I don't make threads on these forums is simply because I don't need to.  I constantly preach adaptation and learning to people, and it's always met with "you're an elitist" or "some of us aren't an mlg god".  That's not the point.

The point is, you all are complaining about something that has an insanely easy fix.  Never have I ever had any problems with bursas or exterminates, because I, along with some of the other players in this thread, have learned how to fight them quickly and move on, and we don't do it just because we have multi-forma'd equipment or get mad about an increasing amount of enemies that spawn.  We are able to do it effectively because we took the time to look at the situation, find weaknesses and strengths in the enemy unit, look at our arsenal, and think about different strategies that will quickly take care of the situation.  It's literally that easy, and yet all the players who are used to the mindless side of the game continue to complain about the challenging parts.  Easy fix - learn to grow.  Learn to get better.  Learn different ways of dealing with situations.  BTW those simple concepts are easily applicable to the real world.  It would do you all good on all levels to learn critical thinking in warframe.  Time to grow up, peeps.

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

remember when Manics were a challenge? Remember when you had to stop, look, listen and prepare yourself to dispatch it....forums cried nerf and now i barely notice them anymore. I dont mind DE tweaking bursas, but please dont cry until DE makes them into a non-issue. 

I totally agree. I WANT them to be a challenge and not nerfed to the ground. They did the same with the flying poisonous infested. They were a little overpowered, people complained, then DE just ruined them.

I hope they can find a good balance. I love the challenge, but it shouldn't be to the point where they can make a mission impossible for some players.

1 minute ago, Etan-gK said:

considering half the thread is people whining about how bursas are op and broken because they don't conform to your press 4 to win/blow through missions while being nigh unkillable playstyle

and the other half is the adapt or die, learn from past experiences crowd

also, you don't exactly have that authority to decide who loses what, or where

just saying

Who said they want Bursas to conform to "press 4 to win"? Seems all you're doing is reading what you want to read. And yeah - insulting people doesn't help you at all. You're officially not worth speaking to anymore.

Next time, learn some tact and realize other people's opinions matter.

2 minutes ago, Stardrinker said:

Damage gates like you see on Battalysts and Shadow Stalker are there to try and take away the advantages such huge power variance but just end up constricting build variety and it reeks of lazy design.

Just like Bursas

Edited by Misgenesis

Seems all you're doing is reading what you want to read. And yeah - insulting people doesn't help you at all. You're officially not worth speaking to anymore.

Next time, learn some tact and realize other people's opinions matter.

He's the only one here who's providing legitimate claims and is basically telling you guys how to get rid of the problem.  It seems more like your ego is a bit hurt that you may just not be correct in this thread.

Just now, Firefly0037 said:

He's the only one here who's providing legitimate claims and is basically telling you guys how to get rid of the problem.  It seems more like your ego is a bit hurt that you may just not be correct in this thread.

Legitimate claims? Where? So far all he's done is yell at everyone who disagrees with them, call them "half of a brain", and then argue that he's right while everyone else is wrong.

There's no "ego" here. I'm not even worried about myself. I'm more worried about the new players that have to deal with it. Read all my posts and the vast majority of them talk about new players.

The people I run missions with are perfectly capable of quickly dealing with any situation that rears its ugly head, except a broken spawn mechanic. Quickly killing simply wasnt enough to stop the Bursas from spawning, shutting off alarms didnt work.

If I wanted a mission to take 15-20 minutes I'd jump on a survival or defense. Sabotage becoming exterminate is pointless in the first place, and having a number of enemies thats constantly going up isnt exactly a "fine working system"  Exterms on their own part are already broken with backspawning enemies, this Bursa B.S. constantly increasing the number of enemies in extermitage hybrid sortie missions is ridiculous and needs to be fixed.

1 hour ago, Etan-gK said:

same thing was said about manics when they were put into the game

Yep and Manics had to be fixed for solo players and newer players because they were too powerful and not a slight bit buggy.

It's not wrong to want some balance to a game that can potentially have new players trying to solo content without all the mods, weapons and frames of veterans.

Legitimate claims? Where? So far all he's done is yell at everyone who disagrees with them, call them "half of a brain", and then argue that he's right while everyone else is wrong.

There's no "ego" here. I'm not even worried about myself. I'm more worried about the new players that have to deal with it. Read all my posts and the vast majority of them talk about new players.

I've read through every comment on the thread so far.  His claims are well earned, as he's providing legitimate counters to all of your claims, which are only but one or two recycled ideas that hold no value.  Etan literally came into the thread, said "I know what you can do, so here's a few things you can do", and you guys are bashing him.  No wonder why he's frustrated.  You're literally the only one who's becoming toxic in the thread with your anger, or whatever it is... sense of pride?  

As we have been trying to tell you guys, adapting to new situations is key.  Is change always welcomed?  No, but it is always good for you in some way, shape, or form.  The addition of bursas are no different from that, and even new players can see that.  Someone who just joined the game would be looking for a way to beat them, not complain about how their multi-forma'd equipment isn't working.

edit: sidenote... it's nice to know that I'm not the only one without a profile photo still... was starting to feel lonely :/

Edited by Firefly0037

1 minute ago, Cidolfus said:

I've done no yelling, thank you;  I've tried to explain how the bursas are not op, and are not broken, but my opinion gets beaten down by naysayers (you)

new players should be aware that bursas are very challenging, but just because they present a new challenge, does not mean they're broken, or op,

remember the blackout tac alert? people cried that it was impossible because it was a challenge never before seen, then they figured out you could camp the lockers and it became cheesable, same situation, people are crying because bursas are a new challenge, but one they figure it out, it becomes less than a minor nuisance 

17 minutes ago, Firefly0037 said:

-snip-

The point is, you all are complaining about something that has an insanely easy fix.  Never have I ever had any problems with bursas or exterminates, because I, along with some of the other players in this thread, have learned how to fight them quickly and move on, and we don't do it just because we have multi-forma'd equipment or get mad about an increasing amount of enemies that spawn.  We are able to do it effectively because we took the time to look at the situation, find weaknesses and strengths in the enemy unit, look at our arsenal, and think about different strategies that will quickly take care of the situation.  It's literally that easy, and yet all the players who are used to the mindless side of the game continue to complain about the challenging parts.  Easy fix - learn to grow.  Learn to get better.  Learn different ways of dealing with situations.  BTW those simple concepts are easily applicable to the real world.  It would do you all good on all levels to learn critical thinking in warframe.  Time to grow up, peeps.

If you think Bursas require anything more than running and gunning, then they're giving YOU more difficulty than they're worth. Bursas are just more dumb robotics from the Corpus that can do a few extra things. They're not immune to really anything that makes them just as easy as any other enemy. The ONLY thing about them that's annoying is them calling in extra enemies that get added to the Exterminate pool.

The Sortie today kept going on and on because of it. At one point it was at (193/194) and the very last Bursa was destroyed and had his panel exposed with no alarms at the moment. Right as he died however, more enemies decided to spawn making it (194/204) and then had to keep fighting up until 307 enemies had been killed from the original 56.

Heck, I've even ran one of the Sorties solo as Ivara and invisible for the entire duration of the mission of an Exterminate Sortie. No cameras saw me and no Corpus detected me, and yet a couple of Bursas decided to spawn because "the alarms" alerted them.

On both of these occasions there wasn't a security panel to hack to "deactivate" the alarms because they'd never actually been triggered. We even broke open a couple of the windows to force the game to let us hack panels, but that didn't work either.

Edited by Maicael

3 hours ago, Maicael said:

If you think Bursas require anything more than running and gunning, then they're giving YOU more difficulty than they're worth. Bursas are just more dumb robotics from the Corpus that can do a few extra things. They're not immune to really anything that makes them just as easy as any other enemy. The ONLY thing about them that's annoying is them calling in extra enemies that get added to the Exterminate pool.

The Sortie today kept going on and on because of it. At one point it was at (193/194) and the very last Bursa was destroyed and had his panel exposed with no alarms at the moment. Right as he died however, more enemies decided to spawn making it (194/204) and then had to keep fighting up until 307 enemies had been killed from the original 56.

Heck, I've even ran one of the Sorties solo as Ivara and invisible for the entire duration of the mission of an Exterminate Sortie. No cameras saw me and no Corpus detected me, and yet a couple of Bursas decided to spawn because "the alarms" alerted them.

yeah I saw that comment earlier.  Also, do keep in mind you're talking about sorties, which are supposed to be a bit more difficult, if not a little more frustrating.  The thread is talking about Corpus missions in general.  Don't take something out of context to use against other people - that's quite the bad habit.

I keep thinking about the recent tac alert we had with the razorback, and how that was loaded with Bursas. They were all stupidly easy for the same exact reasons that you're mentioning: once you figure out how to deal with them, they're a piece of cake.

Good to know that you have no issues with them, though.  Good job with that. :)

Just now, Etan-gK said:

I've done no yelling, thank you;  I've tried to explain how the bursas are not op, and are not broken, but my opinion gets beaten down by naysayers (you)

new players should be aware that bursas are very challenging, but just because they present a new challenge, does not mean they're broken, or op

You're a damn liar.

I started playing Warframe a long time ago but I don't play it alot, so I don't have any formas and only a few things have catalysts in them.

I came back for the Second Dream quest (which was awesome) and I've been playing a bit more since then. I brought some friends to play too.

There was an Exterminate alert mission a few days ago and my friends and I stopped farming stuff to go do it. A bursa spawned and I had no idea what to do until I saw a friend shooting it from behind so we did that, but then it shot bombs or something and killed everyone in one freakin hit. We got back up and killed it (or disabled it I dunno) but then Lotus said another one was coming, and every time we got close to killing it, it killed one or two of us, and then ANOTHER ONE SPAWNED. We had 4 of them spawning on us!!!!

After that, my friends rage quit the game. One of them didn't wanna play anymore. I don't know about you but Bursas aren't fun. They aren't challenging they're difficult and impossible. I don't play corpus missions anymore unless I really really have to.

Seems to be the people having issues are playing solo or in low dps groups during sortie. That point stacking the deck against you really, we all been there with doing 90%+ of the damage in sorties. I mean still blows my mind that people don't tailor make load out for the days sorties and rather risk a group failing.

I still get people with missions with -energy that play caster frames but can't ask any of there powers because they didn't plan ahead.

Another tip which a lot of people don't seem to use is I have Ordis do my hacking of alarms, in missions that go sideways and we all should have access to that ship power.

3 hours ago, Wynn said:

Seems to be the people having issues are playing solo or in low dps groups during sortie. That point stacking the deck against you really, we all been there with doing 90%+ of the damage in sorties. I mean still blows my mind that people don't tailor make load out for the days sorties and rather risk a group failing.

I still get people with missions with -energy that play caster frames but can't ask any of there powers because they didn't plan ahead.

Another tip which a lot of people don't seem to use is I have Ordis do my hacking of alarms, in missions that go sideways and we all should have access to that ship power.

I keep forgetting about the liset emp.... literally the only one I forget about hahaha 

4 minutes ago, BloodyKunoichi said:

You're a damn liar.

I started playing Warframe a long time ago but I don't play it alot, so I don't have any formas and only a few things have catalysts in them.

I came back for the Second Dream quest (which was awesome) and I've been playing a bit more since then. I brought some friends to play too.

There was an Exterminate alert mission a few days ago and my friends and I stopped farming stuff to go do it. A bursa spawned and I had no idea what to do until I saw a friend shooting it from behind so we did that, but then it shot bombs or something and killed everyone in one freakin hit. We got back up and killed it (or disabled it I dunno) but then Lotus said another one was coming, and every time we got close to killing it, it killed one or two of us, and then ANOTHER ONE SPAWNED. We had 4 of them spawning on us!!!!

After that, my friends rage quit the game. One of them didn't wanna play anymore. I don't know about you but Bursas aren't fun. They aren't challenging they're difficult and impossible. I don't play corpus missions anymore unless I really really have to.

so the spawn mechanic is broken, yeah, I'll freely admit that, that doesn't make bursas op, and it's certainly no excuse for throwing hands up and saying, well this thing prevents me from blowing through missions, therefore it's op, that's just lazy

deactivate alarms to stop the spawning

learn to keep moving to not get hit,

How does one keep moving and deactivate the alarms at the same time?

it keeps you on your toes, and it prevents people from just breezing through the game without thinking, I actually have to plan what frame and weps to take on corpus missions now or I get destroyed by surprise bursas. that's something I never needed to do before, it was always just "tonkor, and frost' breezing through the starmap and blowing away anything in my path, now, I actually have to plan my attacks and straegize

So what is this amazing new strategic attack plan?

use a tonkor, it two shots bursas, and the aoe kills everything else, (when you shoot their weak spot), that's how I beat them

Oh.  Okay...

Just now, Etan-gK said:

so the spawn mechanic is broken, yeah, I'll freely admit that, that doesn't make bursas op, and it's certainly no excuse for throwing hands up and saying, well this thing prevents me from blowing through missions, therefore it's op, that's just lazy

I read this whole thread and you keep saying people don't like it because it stops them from blowing through missions but I'm not trying to blow through a mission I'm trying to COMPLETE THE MISSION! Stop putting words in my mouth. UGH this is why I don't talk in forums....

4 minutes ago, BloodyKunoichi said:

I read this whole thread and you keep saying people don't like it because it stops them from blowing through missions but I'm not trying to blow through a mission I'm trying to COMPLETE THE MISSION! Stop putting words in my mouth. UGH this is why I don't talk in forums....

liset air support overrides security, tonkor two shots bursas, valkyr has invincibility: try these things out on bursas before angrily lashing out, thanks

Edited by Etan-gK

1 minute ago, Etan-gK said:

liset air support overrides security, tonkor two shots bursas, valkyr has invincibility: try these things out on bursas before angrily lashing out, thanks

Do you even see what you're reading? You're telling me to use godmode to beat this enemy. YOU said that. What's wrong with you?

4 minutes ago, Etan-gK said:

So you're telling everyone here that you need to use an invincibility frame, the arguably strongest weapon in the game, and they must bring the default liset's air support to every single Corpus mission in order to defeat One Enemy.

k.

Just now, BloodyKunoichi said:

Do you even see what you're reading? You're telling me to use godmode to beat this enemy. YOU said that. What's wrong with you?

I'm stating ways to beat it, I never said that that's the definite, be all/end all way to beat a bursa. I lure them into corners then blow them into submission with well placed tonkor shots,

Just now, Etan-gK said:

I'm stating ways to beat it, I never said that that's the definite, be all/end all way to beat a bursa. I lure them into corners then blow them into submission with well placed tonkor shots,

So, Again. Strongest weapon in the game to defeat them. K. Gotcha.

That's it folks, nothing to see here.

2 minutes ago, Cidolfus said:

So, Again. Strongest weapon in the game to defeat them. K. Gotcha.

That's it folks, nothing to see here.

I only use my tonkor for bursas and sorties, for everything else I use either my rakta cernos (for stealth) or my braton p (for lulz)

Edited by Etan-gK