Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Appreciation Club

starsrift

I'm a new player. I tried Warframe years ago, hit some bugs and left, then came back this year(thanks to Totalbiscuit) and I've really sunk my teeth in, this time around.

I've been grinding each frame in turn, giving them a try and see how I like them. A lot of hits, a few misses, and I'm probably 2/3rd's of the way through the frames - I've just been playing Saryn, and gosh, I'm in LOVE with this toolset. From a design perspective, it just seems really tight and focused.

The first skill, Spore, is ALWAYS useful, and also the skill I will cast the most. Well, good! That's how it should be! It's so weird with a lot of other frames, you use the first skill rarely, except when you have the mission affinity bonus goal of [use your first ability 5 times]. Why would you ever consider it the "first" skill, in that case? And with so many frames, you decide on just one ability or two, say, "This is my warframe, so these are the bonus mods I need to maximize the use of those one or two skills and I can kind of forget about the other ones".

But all the skills synergize with each other. I'm playing a cohesive set of abilities, not a loosely organized group that mesh together on a theme, and maybe there's one or two synergies. It matters when and in what order I use my skills - I have tactical choice. I can adapt to situations; I don't have a simplified choice of "panic button" or "damage button". Even my weapon choice synergizes with my abilities (get dem toxin and viral procs); even my syndicate choice matters as it can help my frame (luckily, I was already main-ing Red Veil).

The design feels so tight and harmonious, Saryn is such a gas to play. I'm sure there are ton of min-maxers or endgame-only guys who have buffs or whatnot they want to add, and complain "X frame is better [at doing Y]", but the set of abilities here is great, and as a concept, it really works!

I just wish she wasn't so toxic. This sort of ability synergy on, say, Ember or Zephyr, would've been more my theme, but that's okay. ;)

while yes, the title is misleading, its nice to have a topic regarding things that the devs have done right. The constant toxic bashing can be a bit overwhelming. In the end, they are people too, and good work deserves credit.

with that in mind, I do have to say I agree. Stun is one of the most synergetic frames with herself, and I truly love to play her.

Her mechanics are fine and even fun, but the problem is 2 fold with her. 

A: payoff for the nuke they mislead us to be the second coming of the atomic bomb takes roughly three times more energy and does maybe a quarter of the damage with each having equally optimized builds. Either give it more payoff on a synergistic level (base can do jack **** as far as I'm concerned and it wouldn't matter cause they built up the synergy as the actual payoff) or give it a better proc after the correct synergistic combo (maybe corrosive proc per tick if you get synergy right)

B: Her kit has no focus. A caster 1, decoy 2 with a slow healing augment, a MELEE FOCUSED 3??? And a friggin wannabe nuke 4. Oh yeah, they took off ehp so you're either gonna have to survive on casting 1 while your big bro frost/vauban/blindexcal/etc simultaneously protects you and wishes you were banshee, or go low lvl so you can take the hits long enough to make use of 2/3 and get some good payoff. 

TL:DR she's fun, but still needs tweaks. 

9 hours ago, starsrift said:

I'm a new player. I tried Warframe years ago, hit some bugs and left, then came back this year(thanks to Totalbiscuit) and I've really sunk my teeth in, this time around.

I've been grinding each frame in turn, giving them a try and see how I like them. A lot of hits, a few misses, and I'm probably 2/3rd's of the way through the frames - I've just been playing Saryn, and gosh, I'm in LOVE with this toolset. From a design perspective, it just seems really tight and focused.

The first skill, Spore, is ALWAYS useful, and also the skill I will cast the most. Well, good! That's how it should be! It's so weird with a lot of other frames, you use the first skill rarely, except when you have the mission affinity bonus goal of [use your first ability 5 times]. Why would you ever consider it the "first" skill, in that case? And with so many frames, you decide on just one ability or two, say, "This is my warframe, so these are the bonus mods I need to maximize the use of those one or two skills and I can kind of forget about the other ones".

But all the skills synergize with each other. I'm playing a cohesive set of abilities, not a loosely organized group that mesh together on a theme, and maybe there's one or two synergies. It matters when and in what order I use my skills - I have tactical choice. I can adapt to situations; I don't have a simplified choice of "panic button" or "damage button". Even my weapon choice synergizes with my abilities (get dem toxin and viral procs); even my syndicate choice matters as it can help my frame (luckily, I was already main-ing Red Veil).

The design feels so tight and harmonious, Saryn is such a gas to play. I'm sure there are ton of min-maxers or endgame-only guys who have buffs or whatnot they want to add, and complain "X frame is better [at doing Y]", but the set of abilities here is great, and as a concept, it really works!

I just wish she wasn't so toxic. This sort of ability synergy on, say, Ember or Zephyr, would've been more my theme, but that's okay. ;)

I wish Ash got this kinda love :(

Saryn does have the best Synergy of usage with her kit, i just think Miasma is abit underwhelming, it could use a slight scale increase but thats just my opinion.

It would be nice to see this implemented in other Frames as well.

Its nice to see folks show and post love, I was getting stressed reading all these unappreciative nerf threads and complaints. 

Good job OP+1