Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mara Detron vs Staticor. Which it's the best radiation secondary?

yoanguila

Question

Hi guys, i like Staticor because it's like a super saiyan power, but Mara Detron has more basic radiation damage (105 vs 80), i want to read your opinion.
Which i should pick as my secondary?
What do you think about these weapons?

If you have a build, please share it!.

PD: I didn't find comparison between both secondaries in this or another forums.

13 answers to this question

In my opinion, I absolutely LOVE the Mara Detron, especially after the buff. It's such a handy weapon for me that I actually prefer it over the Staticor. I've used the Staticor, but it seemed to be very boring for me. When the Mara Detron arrived for the first time, I was hype. Being the person I am (who loves to make underrated weapons look like end-game tier) I immediately bought it, ans I don't regret it.

Personally, this is my build for this great weapon. It makes the Radiation stronger while providing great amounts of Blast and Corrosive. (It's 4 formas)

Hornet Strike (Forma)
Barrel Diffusion (Forma)
Lethal Torrent (Forma)
Pathogen Rounds (Forma)
Convulsion
Ice Storm
Frostbite
Scorch
Edited by (PS4)Excalibur624
more info

1 minute ago, (XB1)iBlock L337 said:

I cant help with the discussion since I go off of physical damage and dont know about status damage or combination status damage really.  But I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to learn more :)

My motto is Vaykor Hek destroys all :( lol..

I find that status damage is much better than physical damage, especially in end game tier

1 hour ago, yoanguila said:

Tell me why please, i want a radiation+corrosive proc. So i want to know.
Thanks for answer this thread.

Nukor isn't bad but's it's a beam weapon which has status per second instead of per shot along with the fact that there is delay before dealing damage and a mere 20m range it really lowers its usefulness. Although it should be noted that the Nukor has a 4x crit multiplier and 1% crit chance and there is an Arcane that boosts Crit chance by a flat 30% which means that it will increase Nukor's crit chance to 31%.

On 28/2/2016 at 4:58 PM, IceColdHawk said:

Staticor for DPS, Status procing and AoE. Mara Detron for shotgun-feeling. Overall, staticor is better.

Thanks bro!

On 28/2/2016 at 6:48 PM, YasaiTsume said:

Mara Detron is not able to scale as well as Staticor, but when used in the same situation as Staticor, it outputs superior DPS considering it has a superior AoE and doesn't need to be charged for a wider damage range.

I'll keep in mind, but i think that i'll trasform my zephyr into a Super Saiyan, Vegeta maybe xD. Thanks to everybody!