Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Idea: Kinese

(XBOX)SylvEmily

Kinese (Pronounced Ky-Nese), is a Frame based entirely from the mind, allowing him to move enemies with his mind, and see what they see.

BASE STATS: 

HP: 150

Shield: 100

Energy: 155

Armor: 90

Speed: 0.95

ABILITIES: 

Shadow of the Mind (25 Energy)

Allows the player to see what the enemy sees, effectively placing a Line-Of-Sight Field in front of the enemy based on where they would detect him, it is a lasting ability, so Efficiency and Range are key to upgrading this. 

Amnesia (25 Energy)

Any enemies that saw you will forget they saw you and allow you 5 seconds of time to escape to a hiding spot, effected by Range and Strength Mods (Strength increases time until they remember)

Time Flies (75 Energy)

Slows all nearby enemies down and speeds your team up, allowing you to eliminate the threat quickly or escape in a fury. Extremely short Range so that is your primary concern here. 

Psychokinesis (100 Energy)

Allows Kinese to pick up a group of enemies and hurl them at another group, can only hold for 5 seconds and is effective against larger groups of hostiles. Strength and Range will increase Damage Dealt and Amount of Enemies you pick up. 

Kinese is a master of unlocking the mind, and can be a valuable ally to the Tenno Cause, however obtaining him isn't so easy, as it requires teaming up with a hated foe...

(Quest coming soon, I need to think of it some more, Appearance as well)

Edited by (XB1)WickedSoldier99

Ability 1: Not exactly useful in the majority of modes. Also, useless in PvP.

Ability 2: See response 1.

Ability 3: Rather boring. VERY basic, would be way too strong in PvP

Ability 4: The game engine isn't good for handling ragdoll physics interactions like that. It also sounds ridiculously overpowered if it's a hard disable for two groups of enemies, also how do you slam one group into another group? How does that happen? Also I can't imagine this working at ALL in PvP

Edited by Rehtael7

Just now, Rehtael7 said:

Why suggest the rank 0 stats? Those matter the least as each frame spends the least amount of their usage at rank 0.

Everyone knows how much stats are rised when they rank. (Energy pool, hp, etc)

Would matter more if base stats were listed and, if need be, also state rank 30 stats. (Kind of like the wikia)

Let me break this down:

Kinese (Pronounced Ky-Nese), is a Frame based entirely from the mind, allowing him to move enemies with his mind, and see what they see.

Sounds like a combination of mirage with some stealth elements of Loki, interesting, but not very useful in many situations other than stealth as far as I can tell, but let's move on

BASE STATS: 

HP: 150, Shield: 100, Armor 90: 

VERY TANKY!!! Especially for a frame stating its "of the mind" try basing it a bit more off of Loki, mirage, or even volt I'd say. It doesn't have to be powerful, just practical for what's its powers are. Such as volt doesn't need a ton of armor because he moves pretty quick and has a lot of shields, plus an augment that restores shields. Just an example. Logic here is : tone it down

Energy: 155

This is good, but making it seem like an energy base frame with this much? Doesn't seem too easy unless your whole squad is running energy siphon

Speed: 0.95

Fair enough

ABILITIES: 

ALL OF THESE are very expensive for what they do, possibly down the cost? 

Shadow of the Mind (25 Energy)

Allows the player to see what the enemy sees, effectively placing a Line-Of-Sight Field in front of the enemy based on where they would detect him, it is a lasting ability, so Efficiency and Range are key to upgrading this. 

I'm not going to say it's a bad idea? But it's a not good idea. I can see the practicality, and it fits the warframe theme, but it's VERY impractical, virtually useless in PVP, and useless unless you're running stealth

Amnesia (25 Energy)

Any enemies that saw you will forget they saw you and allow you 5 seconds of time to escape to a hiding spot, effected by Range and Strength Mods (Strength increases time until they remember)

This is again, useless in PVP, as you can't make an actual player "forget they saw you" maybe as a stun chance instead? But even as a stun, you might as well just kill them, this power doesn't do much other than grind power or turn you into Loki for 5 seconds

Time Flies (75 Energy)

Slows all nearby enemies down and speeds your team up, allowing you to eliminate the threat quickly or escape in a fury. Extremely short Range so that is your primary concern here. 

That is copying volts ability. Not because of the time slowing, but how fast you would be moving, plus you're suggesting it improves attack speed? Volt already does it. Unoriginal, and a bit boring

Psychokinesis (100 Energy)

Allows Kinese to pick up a group of enemies and hurl them at another group, can only hold for 5 seconds and is effective against larger groups of hostiles. Strength and Range will increase Damage Dealt and Amount of Enemies you pick up. 

Main concern, holding players in PVP won't work, unfair and overpowered, plus makes you a sitting duck, plus players don't take momentum damage. 2 I can see flinging a group of enemies, but targeting them at other enies? The engine doesn't really like to handle rag dolls hitting each other, would cause lag and a lot of glitching. 3. Even for an ult, that is a LOT of energy for an ult, especially when it's purpose is a repurposed rhino-stomp

Kinese is a master of unlocking the mind, and can be a valuable ally to the Tenno Cause, however obtaining him isn't so easy, as it requires teaming up with a hated foe...

(Quest coming soon, I need to think of it some more, Appearance as well)

Overall-

this frame is either absolutely useless in PVP, and overpowered with its ult in pvp

the game can't handle the physics of clashing  bodies, so that ult doesn't work

way too powerful of base stats

too little energy for its powers

its powers would only be needed in things like no alarm stealth missions

NOT ENOUGH ORIGIONALITY TO MAKE IT UNIQUE, it's basically just stealing from other frames.

i won't doubt there's an idea here.... Somewhere.... But don't make it a clone of other frames?

Edited 3 hours ago by (XB1)WickedSoldier99