The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I get uber stats on my weapons?

FuzzyBongos

Question

So I've been playing for quite a while now. I'm more a casual player though, so I tend to use guides to improve If I feel I am lacking. One of my favorite players to learn from is Mogamu. There is just one thing that bothers me that I can't figure out.

I don't know how to get the high damage values I see in his tutorials.

i watch his videos and follow them to the letter with recommended mods, upgrade levels, potatoes, etc. but where he will have values like 1k Heat damage or slash, impact, etc. when I mod my weapons I get values like 259. can someone help me out? It's really frustrating.

Edited by IKickAws
Autocorrection typos

14 answers to this question

I don't know about his videos (I don't watch any to make my builds), but if you use the same mods at the same level, you should get the same numbers (or around the same). So I have one question before all : do you test those builds against the exact same enemies at the exact same level as him?

Hm. After some thinking around, if you've made sure the key is off and the damage still feels far apart, keep in mind it's also possible he might have abilities on that amplify damage while recording the videos.

Also, would it be alright to ask for a screenshot of what your build is, as well as a link to the video in question?

the video must be recent, the weapon might have been nerfed.  

your mods must be EXACTLY the same as the ones on the video/build... sometimes I don't have a fully maxed serration and that changes the stats... also if they are using maxed prime mods, it's different than regular mods. 

if all of that is true, the damage numbers should be the same

13 hours ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

the video must be recent, the weapon might have been nerfed.  

your mods must be EXACTLY the same as the ones on the video/build... sometimes I don't have a fully maxed serration and that changes the stats... also if they are using maxed prime mods, it's different than regular mods. 

if all of that is true, the damage numbers should be the same

Yes, I know what you mean so I always make sure to get the exact dames mod and rank them or trade for mods that are ranked to the levels I need. I always make sure of this

14 hours ago, Somedude1000 said:

Hm. After some thinking around, if you've made sure the key is off and the damage still feels far apart, keep in mind it's also possible he might have abilities on that amplify damage while recording the videos.

Also, would it be alright to ask for a screenshot of what your build is, as well as a link to the video in question?

i think i can do this, give me some time

44 minutes ago, IKickAws said:

i think i can do this, give me some time

i just went through my mods cursing creation because a lot of my mods are missing. But i forgot that after getting frustrated about a year ago i switched to mainly melee builds for the challenge and also because my builds were not working out. in light of this, a lot of the mods i used to have that weren't getting used i either fused them or transmuted them. So i wont be able to provide comparative screen shots as of yet.

Edited by IKickAws