Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best, or good, Excalibur Builds?

(PSN)KadzietYagami

Question

I'm always hearing arguments from three different points of view. Exalted Blade is best. Slash Dash is best because DPS. Radial Blind is best.

I'm in between on all of them, but I do have an Exalted Blade build. Only problem is I do not have the best mods for it, and I do not have a single arcane. Still do decent with it.

So, what's a decent, good, or best Slash Dash build? I hear a good Slash Dash build can have some of the highest DPS.

Currently I have, on my EB build, 108% Duration. 175% Efficiency. 100% Range. 130% Strength. High HP, but low shields. Rage and Life Strike on a Dragon Nikana/Dual Ichor.

What are your builds? Or can you give me any tips for a Slash Dash build?

I have 4 forma on Excalibur. 3 Madurai and 1 Vazarin. Gonna add a Naramon at some point. Aura is currently without a polarity.

Edited by (PS4)KadzietYagami
Forgot some info.

I like a fairly balanced build, with the intention of using all of his Abilities (no matter how pointless RJ becomes lategame)

Excal BuildExcal_Build.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of Corrupted Mods unless they are for very specific builds (EV/Bless Trin, RJ Excal, etc).  Furious Javelin with this build gives pretty much the equivalent of Arcane Fury for 18 seconds.  As a note, I do have the Arcane Pendragon Helmet on.

Exalted Blade energy drain is affected by both duration and efficiency, for anybody who doesn't know.

Broken War Build

Broken_War_Excal.jpg

Rainbow build for EB.  When in doubt about a faction damage mod, just grab Fury instead.

11 hours ago, xcynderx said:

why the jet hammer (my nickname for jat kittang, never know the 2nd word hahh) and not a nikana or dual swords or sing swords, since excal has the 10% dmg and speed passive for those?

My question would be why not the Jat Kittag?

When using #4 Excal wields the Exalted Blade in hand and this automatically gets you the passive bonuses, it doesn't matter what base weapon you use when spamming EB.

On 2/29/2016 at 9:49 PM, (PS4)KadzietYagami said:

I'm always hearing arguments from three different points of view. Exalted Blade is best. Slash Dash is best because DPS. Radial Blind is best.

It is not a competition bro : ) Excal can and does use all of his skills in different situations, one does not exclude the other - they work in synergy.

But yes, truth is that most builds are tailored to EB, it's most damaging and strongest skill of excal. 

Your build is entirely usable btw. Arcanes are not needed on excal and they are true endgeme gear, don't worry about them.

This is the build I mostly use lately, it is endgame content build, feel free to swap in few utility mods like mobility or rush for starchart missions.

Excalibur, 3 forma, Rage
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/496890651672395737/43CBA9FD315D9A3A6D4F2CC1F16FEF429A6B76DE/