The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Transfer Back Over to Steam

LucentsLight

Question

So, as a returning player, I wasn't actually playing it on my steam account. I just direct downloaded from the site and set it up that way. I was wondering if there was a way to transfer the game over to Steam with the achievements and all without having to redownload the game again. If not, it's not like it's a huge problem, I could leave it on over night. I just was wondering if there was a way to save time like drag and drop it to where it should be in the steam folder or what not. 

3 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, LucentsLight said:

So, as a returning player, I wasn't actually playing it on my steam account. I just direct downloaded from the site and set it up that way. I was wondering if there was a way to transfer the game over to Steam with the achievements and all without having to redownload the game again. If not, it's not like it's a huge problem, I could leave it on over night. I just was wondering if there was a way to save time like drag and drop it to where it should be in the steam folder or what not. 

If you want to run the game through steam with achievments ect. enabled then you will need to re download the game through steam if you just want to use steam as an overlay you can set it up as a non-steam game however and run it like that but you won't have access to things like achievments, community, ect. also if you already have achievments done in this game then you won't be able to get them unlocked on steam without creating a new account and re-unlocking them all

If you're just trying to save time on the download, then you can probably just transfer the files over to the correct Steam folder. Did the same thing between my computer and my brother's. Put the game on a flash drive and transferred it between computers, took about an hour (downloading would've been about a week non-stop on my connection without being able to do anything else).