The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How's this for a Valkyr Warcry build?

Mallowpuff

Question

Hey guys, fairly new here, and just decided to actually build my Valkyr rather than just let her sit there with 26 cap left.

So with the help of some friends, I came up with this. http://goo.gl/MXjNVS

My goal is to be able to keep Warcry up at all times, stay alive, and when needed use Hysteria. My reason for this over a Hysteria based build is that I LOVE using War, and War with berserker/fury and warcry is just amazing. It's so fast, even if I have to use spoiled strike because I'm cheap and don't have much to spend on mods. :)

So how's it look? Looking for feedback, and like I said, I just don't have the plat to spend 200p on a mod. Which is why I know I can't get the best build out there. I just want a nice build to have fun with. I mean Valkyr's all I use and right now all she has is Flow, R5 Vitality and R3 Redirection haha!

I tried searching, and I wouldn't be surprised if I'm just stupid, but I couldn't find a recent post of someone wanting the same build.

Thanks!!

13 answers to this question

I would personally take off Quick Thinking and/or Armored Agility for either Streamline or Continuity. Streamline makes War Cry cost less to cast, and Continuity increases the base duration + duration gained after kill from Eternal War. Narrow Minded would also work for more duration, but that's more up to you.

Is that Rank 6 Flow on purpose or a glitch of the builder site?  If the former, I'd really suggest you hit up Tower 2 survival or something to obtain a few forma to put into valkyr to allow for fully maxed mods at the very least.

After that yeah I'd suggest some efficiency/duration in there somewhere.  High armour feels great but since you DO have access to hysteria which has lifesteal already (or perhaps you have lifestrike on War?) you don't "need" so much armor so there is room to switch mods.  Depends on how comfortable you are with that build in game after playing it for a while.  If you seem to be running out of energy a lot, switch things around a bit.

Also... what's warcry? Valkyr has other abilities?! *gasp*

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

17 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Is that Rank 6 Flow on purpose or a glitch of the builder site?  If the former, I'd really suggest you hit up Tower 2 survival or something to obtain a few forma to put into valkyr to allow for fully maxed mods at the very least.

After that yeah I'd suggest some efficiency/duration in there somewhere.  High armour feels great but since you DO have access to hysteria which has lifesteal already (or perhaps you have lifestrike on War?) you don't "need" so much armor so there is room to switch mods.  Depends on how comfortable you are with that build in game after playing it for a while.  If you seem to be running out of energy a lot, switch things around a bit.

Also... what's warcry? Valkyr has other abilities?! *gasp*

Well, see I wasn't going to put a flow in there at all, as I only planned on using Hysteria when needed, but I stuck one in there. No, I don't have lifestrike on war as I wanted all the power I could get.

Haha!

So, how does this look? http://goo.gl/RrSyKD

Think I took most of what you guys said and put it in there haha!

EDIT: And I have a bunch of Forma BPs to make Forma if that becomes necessary. I just want to get a build first and try it out before forma-ing.

Edited by Mallowpuff

21 minutes ago, Mallowpuff said:

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Well, see I wasn't going to put a flow in there at all, as I only planned on using Hysteria when needed, but I stuck one in there. No, I don't have lifestrike on war as I wanted all the power I could get.

Haha!

So, how does this look? http://goo.gl/RrSyKD

Think I took most of what you guys said and put it in there haha!

EDIT: And I have a bunch of Forma BPs to make Forma if that becomes necessary. I just want to get a build first and try it out before forma-ing.

That looks good enough. If you wanted a third tanky mod on however, I would opt for Quick Thinking over Armored Agility as it'll help out more in void missions. I would also considering putting Rage on as well, if you're not going to be in Hysteria a whole lot rage will practically guarantee you have plenty of energy. If you got Quick Thinking it ensures your energy will be nearly maxed before QT takes effect.

Edited by NyxCrab

20 minutes ago, NyxCrab said:

That looks good enough. If you wanted a third tanky mod on however, I would opt for Quick Thinking over Armored Agility as it'll help out more in void missions. I would also considering putting Rage on as well, if you're not going to be in Hysteria a whole lot rage will practically guarantee you have plenty of energy. If you got Quick Thinking it ensures your energy will be nearly maxed before QT takes effect.

Thanks! Going with AA for now, as I got them all for cheap cheap, but I do plan on trying a QT build.

Thanks again guys!

Looking at your updated build.. 

If you can manage it, swap Intensify for Blind Rage. With Eternal War, you really only need one good cast. So cost should be more or less ignored.

I'd opt out of Armored Agility in favor of Rage. Rage is REALLY good for melee builds. Then you don't have to worry as much if Warcry even does get nullified or times out. You also want the extra energy to channel and lifesteal with Life Strike when necessary.

When Forma'ing, I'd prioritize upgrading Flow and Continuity to their Primed counterparts. or eventually even dropping Flow in favor of something else. A decent starting duration for Warcry is pretty essential to making it work. If you can't start getting it to build up, then it will drop off quickly.

Edited by Ruby_Rose_

14 hours ago, Ruby_Rose_ said:

Looking at your updated build.. 

If you can manage it, swap Intensify for Blind Rage. With Eternal War, you really only need one good cast. So cost should be more or less ignored.

I'd opt out of Armored Agility in favor of Rage. Rage is REALLY good for melee builds. Then you don't have to worry as much if Warcry even does get nullified or times out. You also want the extra energy to channel and lifesteal with Life Strike when necessary.

When Forma'ing, I'd prioritize upgrading Flow and Continuity to their Primed counterparts. or eventually even dropping Flow in favor of something else. A decent starting duration for Warcry is pretty essential to making it work. If you can't start getting it to build up, then it will drop off quickly.

Thanks, will take this into consideration! I just thought I'd mention, I do not have Lifestrike on war. Just going to rely on the lifesteal of hysteria.

But, I'm pretty much out of cores, and running low on plat so I'm going to stick with what I can for now. In a few days, probably over the weekend I can farm some, sell, and buy some more mods to test. i.e Rage/Blind rage.

And I'm guessing you meant to say Swap Continuity for Blind rage? ;)

6 hours ago, Mallowpuff said:

And I'm guessing you meant to say Swap Continuity for Blind rage? ;)

I meant Intensify. Blind Rage gives a higher bonus, even at a similar rank. You don't want to throw away much duration, you need some to get Eternal war going. And the less you ever have to cast it, the better.

52 minutes ago, Ruby_Rose_ said:

I meant Intensify. Blind Rage gives a higher bonus, even at a similar rank. You don't want to throw away much duration, you need some to get Eternal war going. And the less you ever have to cast it, the better.

Nevermind, I get what you meant haha.

My only concern is that with low of power efficiency, it could be hard to keep hysteria up at all, even when needed. Ah, unless of course I don't max it. And the more I think about, even if there was no Streamline and a maxed blind rage, 300 energy would keep hysteria up long enough to get a few hits in which is all that's needed.

Edited by Mallowpuff

Max duration + strenght + armour. you don't need effecency or range because"

- you only cast once.

- you can't recast warcry.

- you don't need rage, the energy you gain is very tiny when your armour is super high. 

- Quick Thinking = Quick stagger and dead, -> a waste.

Max Duration +  Max strenght + armour + hp then here the warcry build.

Mods:

Vitality - Steel Fiber - AA- E.War - Flow - Intensify - Blind rage - (Primed) Countinuity

Steel charge + Power Drift.

On weapon:

No need for attack speed mods (bersecker is obsolete when you can get 120% AS from E.War build)

get a lifestrike.

Tactic: Don't die.

Edited by Specific.Zod

On 2 March 2016 at 6:57 AM, Specific.Zod said:

you don't need rage, the energy you gain is very tiny when your armour is super high. 

I disagree. The Energy gain per hit from Rage may be low due to the high Armour, but it does add up over the course of time and will certainly help fuel your Lifestrikes.