The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Accidental trading, can people get banned for it?

Slamyourjam

Question

So I accidentally sold a Sahasa Kubrow instead of a Huras, I didn't know that I had to do two imprints and instead only did one. I picked the first option and without reading what kubrow type it was (I assumed it was the Huras) I sold the imprint to the other player. Can I get reported and banned for this? Even though I sold the Kubrow cheap for 40pl It was a stupid mistake...

Edited by Slamyourjam

7 answers to this question

Did you make a note of the other players name? If so then just message him and explain what you did. If not then put a message up in Region chat, or make a post in the trading section of the forums to try and get hold of the person you sold it to.

I would not expect you to be banned for this, as long as you do your due diligence to rectify the situation.

Just now, Skinner1818 said:

Did you make a note of the other players name? If so then just message him and explain what you did. If not then put a message up in Region chat, or make a post in the trading section of the forums to try and get hold of the person you sold it to.

I would not expect you to be banned for this, as long as you do your due diligence to rectify the situation.

He's currently offline. The problem is that if I did the Huras kubrow now I'd basically have the same amount of plat as I started before him and I traded... I guess that's karma for being such an idiot. :x

Just now, Slamyourjam said:

He's currently offline. The problem is that if I did the Huras kubrow now I'd basically have the same amount of plat as I started before him and I traded... I guess that's karma for being such an idiot. :x

Send him a message on the forums, or make a note of his name on a piece of paper and try him again around the same time tomorrow. As Xekrin mentioned, it is also the responsibility of the buyer to check what is being given to them.

We all make mistakes anyway, I have nearly given someone 100 platinum for a 10 plat transaction before... no wonder he was quick to press accept.

I either of you invited the other to a dojo to trade, then they should be on your recently met player list.  Look under Communications and the Recently met players box on the right.  You can then right click the players name, select: Show Gamercard and send them an Xbox message.  That's the best method of contacting them in case they do not play Warframe every day.

Honest mistakes are usually not why people get banned as Skinner1818 said.

there is a double check systems for both the parties. If someone is so negligent to not check what he trades for 2 times, need to be punished. (the boy deserve to have the sahasa instead of huras without complain). And from what I've understood, he was not even bothered to pm you to ask his money back, so probably he does not need them :)