The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Focus Convergence encouraging bad teamplay?

Wrecked.

This is just something i seem to be noticing lately.

Just to give you an example. 

I was playing a Mobile Defence with another player. The two of us were fighting like crazy holding the horde's back, but we were doing it...just.

Then, all of a sudden, the other player takes off and heads to another room. And im thinking.."What the?". Until i realize they went the get their focus Convergence. Anyway, we lost it because i was unable to hold the enemy back on my own.

I dont blame the other player. They wanted their Focus, and thats where the game put it for them.

Im just noticing this kind of behaviour more and more, mainly in Defence/Defend missions.

Is this new system of Focus unhealthy for teamwork? Has anyone else seen this kind of Behaviour?

I'm not sure. You have a good point though. I haven't seen it much myself. The people in my clan seem to not care about the new focus system at all. We maxed our Zenurik Energy Overflow and stopped caring. It's all in beta though, I'm sure it'll change again. Hopefully into something more useful, like random boosts for everyone without having to pick anything up.

I was going to start a topic on this myself. Convergence absolutely encourages bad teamplay habits. It completely encourages players to run off from the team or a defensive objective like a cryopod or excavator to grab the booster. The booster is often 1-2 tiles away. That absolutely puts the objective and mission at risk and is irresponsible of DE to implement a system that forces players to do that. And you have to get the boosters if you are going to level focus at all, you don't get jack without boosters.  

It's terrible that DE would put something in the game that actively encourages bad player habits that put the mission at risk for completely selfish reasons. It might be better if only one squad member had to pick up a booster and every got it, that way only one person has to leave the objective, but no, it's unique to every plays, so you have 4 squad members running all over, risking the mission, just to get the daily focus points.