The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How can a new player do JV raid?

TheSteelRat

Question

I want to do a JV Raid, since I figure i have pretty much mastered LoR raid.  I watched videos of it, and got the basic concept, I just haven't memorized the maps, and I am afraid i might get lost.  I have an Itzal at level 30, and Grattler at Level 30, with decent mods.

But every time I see someone hosting a JV raid in recruiting, they want someone with Injectors, and is Experienced.

Really dislike the fact you need to farm a level, so you can build something, so you can later finish the level.  Really poor design IMHO by DE

6 answers to this question

Just now, kkinnison said:

I want to do a JV Raid, since I figure i have pretty much mastered LoR raid.  I watched videos of it, and got the basic concept, I just haven't memorized the maps, and I am afraid i might get lost.  I have an Itzal at level 30, and Grattler at Level 30, with decent mods.

But every time I see someone hosting a JV raid in recruiting, they want someone with Injectors, and is Experienced.

Really dislike the fact you need to farm a level, so you can build something, so you can later finish the level.  Really poor design IMHO by DE

It's not a good idea to do it right away, since it is quite high level and difficult. For a level comparison, take a look at the bottom section of this: http://morningstar-wf.com/chart/

My clan can take you sometime, we haven't done it at all yet. The reason they want people with injectors is that during the trial you have to gather injector pieces, fail, and build the injectors yourself.

I can't really comment on the design, because the point is to keep us involved, and it does that.

Your best bet is to probably search on your own for a group to do it. There are recruiting threads here on the forums as well as places like https://reddit.com/r/warframe,which has a weekly recruitment thread for groups, https://reddit.com/r/warframeclanrecruit where you can search for or put your name in for clans, or https://reddit.com/r/warlfg where you can find a group in typical LFG style.

Yeah.

Raids aren't meant for new players at all, if you complete one as a new player, that is pretty good but they are designed as late-game content. 

The JV raid is a different animal from the puzzle raid that is LoR. Because you have little time to help someone if they go down, everyone needs to be more than just decent on stage 2 & interior stage 3. 

LoR you can pretty much carry people through if the follow basic instructions, its basically a super sabotage, killing isn't the primary goal. 

If it makes you feel better, the rewards from both LoR are overall better than what JV has to offer. JV has some jems but most of the arcanes there are very niche. 

I am not "new"  I can usually hold my own on most any Non-JV archwing (except sharkwing.. i hate that)

The clan I am in is one of the biggest, but not many care to do raids.  And most people only do it with a regular group and don't care for novice newcomers.

Just want more people to take new people, and help them farm those stupid injectors

Well OP, the good news is that you're on PC so you have a lot more players who can help you with JV. The bad news is that JV isn't very popular due to its rather newbie-unfriendly third part and attunement.

My recommendation is start out by crafting the key for the raid. Then just get a group together for the injector fragments. The Raid lets you leave early if you can't use an injector to pass through an obstacle early on. So get to that part, kill enemies til you get 500 fragments then peace out. It's not so bad, assuming you could get a group going for it.

Afterwards getting into a group will be much easier. JV-runners are starved for participants so they'll let you in so long as you got an injector and a decent set-up. Just tell them you're a newbie but you watched the walkthrough and I doubt they'll say no. When you're in, hopefully you have an experienced leader. If so, just follow him around as best as you can and stand where they want you to stand/juice the vapes they want you to juice.