The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Playing Warframe on a different IP

Dopey

Question

3 answers to this question

My ISP has an IP pool. Whenever my modem is reset, or shutdown, i request a new IP from my ISP.

My modem has been turned off a bunch, reset a bunch, and i've even changed isp's (new pool of IP addresses) and i've not been banned. Point being, although the addresses are similar, i've used a lot of IP addresses connecting to warframe. If a forum admin were to go to my forum profile in the AdminCP they'd see the exact same thing there.

DE can tell when IP's are illegitimate.... For example: IP from the US logs out of an account, then an IP from the UK logs into that same account. There is no physical way for the original owner to travel however many thousand miles in a few minuets.

De probably aren't that strict however. The trigger is probably pulled at game time when you join a session. But don't try and test that :/

Edited by MillbrookWest

If you're not paying extra for a static IP, you most likely had your IP change several times before. As stated above, the main information you can obtain by looking at an IP is the general region/country someone lives in.

And to reinforce what was formerly said: You will not get banned for playing with a different IP-Adress.