The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

U18.5.2 Performance Issues

NarwhalStorm

My laptop is not great at running Warframe, and laptops aren't ideal for running any game, especially if it's over 4 years old.  I've found a way to make it work, though.  Having my graphics at their lowest settings and having the resolution at 1366x789 (I don't remember specific numbers) helps it run smoothly enough for me.

I tried playing today after turning the high quality shader option off and turning the bloom intensity all the way down (in addition to having bloom turned off), but the lighting still seems too bright, and I'm getting really choppy audio and video inside and outside missions.

I'm hoping this is an issue that'll be fixed in a hotfix soon and not the end of my ability to play Warframe without a good desktop.

So I played today and everything was fine, but I just played the alert giving out an Orokin Reactor BP, and I was getting choppy audio and incredibly low framerate.  I was Excalibur, and the other three players were a Mesa, an Equinox, and an Inaros.  My framerate went up in between waves, but the choppy audio and low framerate continued even after the mission ended and I left the squad.  If I stood still, my framerate was fine, but moving even a little bit made it plummet, and I've done the "verify integrity of game cache" through Steam before, but I'd like to avoid it if possible since for me it takes 2 hours.  I think the issue is the same and I'm going to have to eventually build a desktop, but I'm hoping that there's something else that can be done.

Edited by NarwhalStorm
Hoping to get more visibility