The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost vs Frost Prime

SatelliteStrike

Question

Hi guys. Looking into different frames I stumbled onto frost and saw he is frame everyone should have. But I am in a pickle now. From the first day I started farming frames after maxed my starter I went straight for the prime versions. Only problem here is that Frost P is not available anymore cause he's been vaulted. So got a question now. Are there any major differences between frost and frost p? Is it worth the trouble to farm 300-400plat just to buy the prime versions from trading market, or will the normal frost be strong too? I    always went prime for the bling effect (and have more rare frames than others), but in this case dunno if I have the strenght to farm that much plat. So is there any huge differences between the 2?

11 answers to this question

I wouldn't spend so much plat on buying Frost Prime now.

He'll prob be released soon and Frost himself is not that easy to farm as well.

So better go for Frost first and max him out and get Frost prime when he is released  or when you got too much plat on your hands.

Really the difference between these two frames isnt that much

5 minutes ago, InglriousB said:

I wouldn't spend so much plat on buying Frost Prime now.

He'll prob be released soon and Frost himself is not that easy to farm as well.

He was already un-vaulted this year.

But yeah Frost can do as much as Frost prime... the only thing you can't do is to take free energy from the death orbs.

4 minutes ago, InglriousB said:

Yeah, but if I'm right then the Vaulting will just end when the new starchart is introduced.

Since this shouldn't be the solution you'd want for your game

Eh, we can only guess and U19 is not soon either, probably in 3-4 months.

3 hours ago, InglriousB said:

Yeah, but if I'm right then the Vaulting will just end when the new starchart is introduced.

Nope, don't think so. I believe vaulting is more there to control prices than to actually improve loot tables. I mean they could just move all that stuff to the empty derelict loot tables or add T1 - 3 Void Interception missions if it was only about available space.

5 hours ago, giantconch said:

Other than slightly higher base shields (150 on regular, 175 on prime, at max rank 450 on regular and 525 for prime) Frost Prime has one extra slot with a D polarity

Oh, theres also the cage-head helmet on the Prime variant

Ugly head cage helmet, replaced for my frost p with squall helmet :P  

Frost P is nice (bit better stats and one or two more polarity slots), but I farmed him before the vault.  He's much too expensive now to buy for Plats