The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to kill a Bursa?

DesuTronic

Question

For the 3rd vessel in the Sand of Inaros vessel I got the Denial Bursa.

bfEBD8S.png

I have already killed (or so I thought) 4 of the Denial Bursas but the vessel isn't changing at all. So am I not actually killing them?

Edited by DesuTronic

12 answers to this question

I think you have to kill them yourself, and hang around them after they go down if you aren't hacking them, they officially "die" a few seconds after you choose not to kill them.

Also, you may not actually have denial bursa's, guy I ran with last night while farming had drover bursa instead, I had denials.

Ambulas is a good place to farm them, just hang out in his arena avoiding him while bursas spawn every few minutes, Baro won't talk there so just keep track of the number/type of bursas you kill.

First of all, make sure you're on the right target, which is the Denial Bursa. The other Bursa do not count at all.

Secondly, it only counts the Denial Bursa killed by you. If any of your teammates killed him, it doesn't count.

Lastly, only 5 kill is required. I suggest solo'ing high-tier Corpus Exterminate missions. Almost 1 bursa is guranteed to spawn per se.

Just now, Gelkor said:

I think you have to kill them yourself, and hang around them after they go down if you aren't hacking them, they officially "die" a few seconds after you choose not to kill them.

Also, you may not actually have denial bursa's, guy I ran with last night while farming had drover bursa instead, I had denials.

Ambulas is a good place to farm them, just hang out in his arena avoiding him while bursas spawn every few minutes, Baro won't talk there so just keep track of the number/type of bursas you kill.

So far I was playing solo so as to make sure I'm the only one who can kill it and I'm 100% sure they have been Denial Bursas because I killed about 12 total Bursas in the past 3h and every time I checked whats their name and how they look like to make sure its actually a Denial Bursa.

I also tried multiple ways: Killing it and hacking it on 2 of them and just killing it and letting it die on the other 2. Still nothing on the vessel.

2 minutes ago, DesuTronic said:

So far I was playing solo so as to make sure I'm the only one who can kill it and I'm 100% sure they have been Denial Bursas because I killed about 12 total Bursas in the past 3h and every time I checked whats their name and how they look like to make sure its actually a Denial Bursa.

I also tried multiple ways: Killing it and hacking it on 2 of them and just killing it and letting it die on the other 2. Still nothing on the vessel.

Could just be bugged

3 minutes ago, DesuTronic said:

Like I said, you may have a different bursa, I'm not 100% sure the guy I ran with last night was correct, but he seemed to only be getting credit for drover bursas, not denials like I had.  There are also isolator variants.  I'd suggest trying the ambulas method, just avoid ambulas, keep the alarms going but not in lockdown, and wait until you've killed 5 of each type of bursa, then kill ambulas and skedaddle. 

29 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

Like I said, you may have a different bursa, I'm not 100% sure the guy I ran with last night was correct, but he seemed to only be getting credit for drover bursas, not denials like I had.  There are also isolator variants.  I'd suggest trying the ambulas method, just avoid ambulas, keep the alarms going but not in lockdown, and wait until you've killed 5 of each type of bursa, then kill ambulas and skedaddle. 

Is this a different bursa from the one I need to kill?

Because these are the ones I've been killing.

RtKaQrC.png

Just now, DesuTronic said:

Is this a different bursa from the one I need to kill?

Because these are the ones I've been killing.

RtKaQrC.png

I don't know, the wiki says denial, I had denial bursas, that's a denial bursa, but if it's not working for you, you may have another bursa, I've heard that's a thing that happens, try drover and isolators and see if Baro says anything.

3 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

I don't know, the wiki says denial, I had denial bursas, that's a denial bursa, but if it's not working for you, you may have another bursa, I've heard that's a thing that happens, try drover and isolators and see if Baro says anything.

As I mentioned earlier I have already killed each type of bursa several times.

1 minute ago, DesuTronic said:

As I mentioned earlier I have already killed each type of bursa several times.

*shrug*

Then I don't know, must be bugged, I had several runs that didn't work for me until I settled on the ambulas method, the real trick is to hang out by them and wait for the "urn absorb sound." (like a sandy squelching sound)  Maybe unequip and reequip the urn?

15 minutes ago, TyrannosauRayz_13th said:

GET A TONKOR!

I have a Tonkor but its pointless for such a low level area. I can instakill each enemy with my Boltor so the Tonkor is just a pointless overkill.

Also ty for not contributing to the topic.