The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Video] New Moon Tile (18.5) Opera House Puzzle with Rare Box

-Zr-Scroll

I found this mini puzzle from a random tile on spy mission. Tile is called 'MoonIntOperaHouse' in the screenshot metadata.

There were two different spawns of boxes after finishing the puzzle. The rewards from the rare container were insane o.O

Just now, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Bug? I hope so.

I dunno, but I ran circles in the mission for the next 2mins out of pure shock =D

I also considered the possibility of time decay on rewards, since normal void clearly has it. The timer start when you enter the tile for the first time and the faster you break open the boxes the better are the rewards. It actually took me over 10mins before I even started doing the puzzle as I was looking around the tile and killing enemies =/

Just now, -Zr-Scroll said:

I dunno, but I ran circles in the mission for the next 2mins out of pure shock =D

I also considered the possibility of time decay on rewards, since normal void clearly has it. The timer start when you enter the tile for the first time and the faster you break open the boxes the better are the rewards. It actually took me over 10mins before I even started doing the puzzle as I was looking around the tile and killing enemies =/

Hmm...

That would suck XD

9 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

I'm seeing people saying that they got Mantis bps and Reinforced containers. Maybe time limitations are a thing. :?

Try running the TimeWall puzzle rooms in normal void missions. Or any tile there that has that 1 or 2 mod dropping boxes around. If you break then ASAP after entering the tile you almost every single time get a mod to drop and it's actually a really high chance to be a rare or at least an uncommon. But if you let the boxes be for minutes they will most likely not drop a mod at all or it's just a common one.

This is just my analysis based on my experience by continuously playing for over 3 years. I've literally gotten like 6 Rage mods after Saryn PA release just by casually fast tracking the mod-boxes as I enter a viable tile. And a sh*t-ton of other rare mods.

If a teammate has gone through the tile earlier (ie. survival mission roaming) the boxes are 99% of the time empty.

Edit:

I refuse to believe it's just pure RNG on those drops.

Edited by -Zr-Scroll

1 minute ago, -Zr-Scroll said:

Try running the TimeWall puzzle rooms in normal void missions. Or any tile there that has that 1 or 2 mod dropping boxes around. If you break then ASAP after entering the tile you almost every single time get a mod to drop and it's actually a really high chance to be a rare or at least an uncommon. But if you let the boxes be for minutes they will most likely not drop a mod at all or it's just a common one.

This is just my analysis based on my experience by continuously playing for over 3 years. I've literally gotten like 6 Rage mods after Saryn PA release just by casually fast tracking the mod-boxes as I enter a viable tile. And a sh*t-ton of other rare mods.

If a teammate has gone through the tile earlier (ie. survival mission roaming) the boxes are 99% of the time empty.

So... bugged?

So far, I find this has 2 sequences. You do the first 6 which grey out and give rewards, then u can do a second set until they are all greyed out. It will drop a normal container at the very top and a rare container off to the side for each completion so 2 rares in one tile set.

BUG: Only the host will see the correct pads and see them greyed out. Currently as client it is misleading. This is confirmed for the main vault C's musical room as well (seperate thing but same bug occurs). Tested with a friend as both host and client. Needless to say we bickered a lot about choosing the "wrong" one lol.

So far the normal container has given me stuff like redirection and the regen sentinel bronze mods. The rare containers have given me credits 3/4 times and a fully built forma the 4th time. This was done with 2 completed sets mind you.

My question is that the top has a swinging chandelier type thing that looks like it could break the platform and open a teleportation device. The portal underneath the round pad looks like those used for the drift mods but currently haven't figured anything else out about this room.

On 06/03/2016 at 10:02 PM, LethalAffliction said:

So far, I find this has 2 sequences. You do the first 6 which grey out and give rewards, then u can do a second set until they are all greyed out. It will drop a normal container at the very top and a rare container off to the side for each completion so 2 rares in one tile set.

BUG: Only the host will see the correct pads and see them greyed out. Currently as client it is misleading. This is confirmed for the main vault C's musical room as well (seperate thing but same bug occurs). Tested with a friend as both host and client. Needless to say we bickered a lot about choosing the "wrong" one lol.

So far the normal container has given me stuff like redirection and the regen sentinel bronze mods. The rare containers have given me credits 3/4 times and a fully built forma the 4th time. This was done with 2 completed sets mind you.

My question is that the top has a swinging chandelier type thing that looks like it could break the platform and open a teleportation device. The portal underneath the round pad looks like those used for the drift mods but currently haven't figured anything else out about this room.

Hmm interesting, I had been wondering why there is same audio cue as the drift portals. Didn't find it myself thou back then even thou I tried. I considered they included the sound to implicate the rare container. Gotta check this out if I ever manage to find this tile again :D

so.. my silly and legit question is the following: what's the point to have a room to "farm" rare-crates? look at its desing: full of potential.

Warframe0113.jpg

first off: personally speaking i think that "rare" crates should be a reward reserved for players who like/enjoy exploration - it sounds logic to me. in this case you do not farm anything. a legend says you can get High Noon, confirmed?

second thing: why developers wanted to place a portal over there? i would like to understand how to get inside that portal. simply, at this moment you can just watch that portal and dream whatever you want... exilus mod in the air? you can feel it everywhere, in my opinion.

thanks. -memeth

8 minutes ago, memeth said:

so.. my silly and legit question is the following: what's the point to have a room to "farm" rare-crates? look at its desing: full of potential.

Warframe0113.jpg

first off: personally speaking i think that "rare" crates should be a reward reserved for players who like/enjoy exploration - it sounds logic to me. in this case you do not farm anything. a legend says you can get High Noon, confirmed?

second thing: why developers wanted to place a portal over there? i would like to understand how to get inside that portal. simply, at this moment you can just watch that portal and dream whatever you want... exilus mod in the air? you can feel it everywhere, in my opinion.

thanks. -memeth

Yeah that portal drives me nuts too...

Maybe when you are activating each of the sound-pads: can you hold still on the pad while activating the pressure plates with weapon shots? Kinda similar to "Latch"-vault of spy rooms? (ExcalP vault)

Need to go find this tile again and test it out...

Okay... tested tons of stuff, even glitched under the top floorplate, but portal is disabled if the floorpanel is closed.

There is 8 "override switched" that work with the sound puzzle. There is also 8 plates on the sides of the organ-structure, but as I was playing solo I never saw or could do anything to the pads while I was activating the sound switches, but I was wondering if there needs to be another player present on the other side shooting the plates?

I also consider the next possibility:

You can activate the hack panel multiple times in a row, which lights up more and more switches and you must make the 5+5+5+5+5... combination right to open to top portal and the rare containers are only consolation price, which you can get twice. I also think that you can't fail even once with this puzzle to access the portal.

The top floor panel in my opinion gets lifted upwards when the organs open each of the 8 hatches up top. Not the ceiling chandelier dropping down and breaking it.

Images of the portal under the floor:

Na1o5WB.jpg

zL68hLO.jpg

f9WiIom.jpg

TCGhM6F.jpg

Then there are these orbs that are lightbulbs  switched off. One under each organ. I bet those light up when you make progress in the puzzle.

4wKUfX5.jpg

Edited by -Zr-Scroll
added last image