Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can someone explain to me what is Java? (Seriously)

crimsonspartan1

I was looking at the warframe wiki on PC and then the site changed into a warning saying something about Java and that my desktop was running slower than usual. I exited warframe and it said Java may have a virus or something and needs to be scanned. I got a few questions about Java:

1. what is Java and what does it do?
  2. does it affect games such as warframe?

and yea, sorry if this may or may not sound right. I didn't read what it said fully but I'm quite positive that it had something to do with Java.

Edited by crimsonspartan1

java is a programming language that is in between fully compiled(C,C++,...) and scriped(visual basic, python,...) languages wich leads to tons of pros and cons you don't care about

what you (most probably) have on your PC is the software needed to run programs made with java, the Java Runtime Environnement(JRE)

warframe doesn't use jave, it can only affect the game by taking space on your HDD/RAM

there is also javascript which is a programming language for websites that "do stuff" (mostly animations), which is blocked/no avalable on some browsers for security reasons (don't be scared it's ok). you might need to enable it

do you have some more detailed info ?

Edited by vazerd68

3 minutes ago, vazerd68 said:

java is a programming language that is in between fully compiled(C,C++,...) and scriped(visual basic, python,...) languages wich leads to tons of pros and cons you don't care about

what you (most probably) have on your PC is the software needed to run programs made with java, the Java Runtime Environnement(JRE)

warframe doesn't use jave, it can only affect the game by taking space on your HDD/RAM

edit incomming sec'

Ah, so nothing to worry about then. Thanks.

5 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

warning saying something about Java and that my desktop was running slower than usual. I exited warframe and it said Java may have a virus or something and needs to be scanned.

That sound super sketchy to me. I'd suggest running a virus scan as soon as you can. It sounds like one of those "Your PC is running slow, download this miracle program and speed up everything by 5000%" adverts. 

It'll most likely be nothing to worry about, but it would be good running an in depth scan with whatever anti virus thing you have atm just to be safe. 

Edited by DecapitatingJim

6 hours ago, DecapitatingJim said:

That sound super sketchy to me. I'd suggest running a virus scan as soon as you can. It sounds like one of those "Your PC is running slow, download this miracle program and speed up everything by 5000%" adverts. 

It'll most likely be nothing to worry about, but it would be good running an in depth scan with whatever anti virus thing you have atm just to be safe. 

Maybe. When I saw that I did a virus scan right away so I think there's nothing to worry about right now.

I have a problem, warframe won't log me in, it keeps on saying login failed even though i entered it correctly, i think tehre is something wrong and java is causing it

[edit: nvm it's just the internet being the...internet :|]

Edited by crimsonspartan1