Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simon Sez on the Moon? What did I miss?

CactusBat

Question

So, while in the exterminate mission in the Orokin moon, my Clan-mate and I found something unusual. We were farming for Drift Mods, and encountered a large room with new types of consoles being worked by Orokin Ghosts. In the middle was a bottomless shaft, and platforms with multiple glowing platforms. I ventured a guess we had found a new Moon Puzzle. So we set about solving it. Screenshot here: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/305488301214927080/98F5B243D4F2E26E909D6F9CD72CFFA0B3F57302/

The glowing platforms were labeled with Override Switch, as seen here: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/305488301214927927/A708A922E275EE7CAF5730996E46AA033C738F80/

Eventually, we discovered a console of the traditional sort. And the override platforms lit up brighter and some flashed blue, singing notes for us. Each time we hit the console, it plays a different sequence. We realize it was basically a simon says puzzle and I got out a piece of scratch paper to record the order of notes so we could solve it. At this point, Excalibur AFKs...and while waiting for him to return and hit the dang button to play the note, the mission suddenly failed itself and kicked us out. We never got to complete the puzzle, and it's mystery is driving me nuts.

So, what did we miss out on? Has anyone else found this puzzle?

10 answers to this question

nice, i yet have to find this one, allways get the same old ones ...
and the thing of you got kicked its a new mechanic : in exterminations you have to kill a enemy one in a while (10 min i belive was it) or else the mission fails, just for you next time reminde this ^^

gl and fly save

Yeah, solving this puzzle gives a rare container (As Pike said), but I don't know if the container is bugged or not. Most people only seem to get 200-300 credits from it and I haven't heard of people getting much else.

(Bonus: A regular container spawns on the top of it when you solve it. Nothing spectacular inside, but hey)

Oddly enough i dont think thats all to this room. there's a portal at the top of the room covered by a platform. Im not sure if the number of ghosts increase per correct try, but maybe once you do six correct tries in a row you move the platform covering the portal? ... this is all just a guess, but there's probably more to that room than just a rare container. its a really well laid out room, prayer cylinders and everything. i think it'd be a waste to set it up or one container ... maybe if it were a reinforced crate, but just rare seems pretty misleading.

Edited by swiftsword94

2 hours ago, Ojimaru said:

A special container (not a Rare Reinforced Container) will appear next to some ghost Tenno. The container always awards Credits, but is also known to give completed Forma.

Do you have evidence of such claim (forma)?

It was confirmed to not be a rare container, it was just bugged in the beginning and also played the sound of one but that was eventually fixed in the following hotfix by being removed.

Edited by Manyc

1 hour ago, Ojimaru said:

Hard evidence? Not at the moment. I have personally gotten two Forma from said container thus far, but I don't have any screenshots to prove the fact.

*shrug*

the 2 Forma was part of the double resource weekends.

but yes it can drop 1 forma.

Regarding the mission failure, there is a 15 minute timer where if no enemies are killed, you fail. 

Exception to this is once all the enemies are dead. Then you can explore as much as you want. If you find the puzzle, just kill the rest of the enemies then go back and do it.